Bay Area Flying Jobs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bigbird

I am currently a regional airline pilot on the east coast. I need to get out of this job before I loose my sanity. I have some non flying friends out in San Francisco. Im interested in finding some part 91 or 135 flying out there. I heard flight instructors make a killing there. Maybe something I could do on my days off. Any ideas or places I could send resumes to?

Jobs

How much PIC time do you have.? In the Bay area things are very competitive.
Am Flight seems to always be looking in Oakland. If you went straight to the regionals from flight instructing it might do you some good to get some single pilot freight time.
In Livermore, Sierra Academy seems to be dying for Instructors, you can also check Ahart Aviation in LVK. Keep in mind the pay is not as great as you think when it comes to the cost of living.

My 2 cents

If you target CFI jobs, your first stop should be in Palo Alto where all the CFIs seem to drive BMWs. As for charter and corporate, you pretty much have to be typed to be competetive, but who knows -- try anyway, they just might say yes. 135: Kaiser Air in OAK, SP Aviation out of Hayward, V1 Aviation and Silicon Valley Express out of SJC, Sunset Aviation out of Gnoss Field in Novato, Apex Aviation out of Concord just to name a few good ones. As for p91, HP Aviation out of SJC is the only one I know that is not so secretive...The rest are so tight knit that you'd need a grenade just to get the name of the Corporation. ATP and jet time a plus, type rating on aircraft operation a BIG plus. Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back