Bay Area AME.... watch out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

On Belay

I just returned from a visit to Dr. **************in SJC. It felt to me like Gestapo headquarters. Although I've been getting Class I medical exams for 15 years with various AMEs, I left ************ office without a medical, having spent the majority of my hour in the office speaking with the FAA (not by my choice, the receptionist called them on my behalf). Believe it or not, I never even got to see the Doctor, or for that matter, anyone but the receptionist (picture Broom Hilda here). That's right, all I did was fill out the 8500 just as I had for the past 15 years. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this AME!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just returned from a visit to ***************** in SJC. It felt to me like Gestapo headquarters. Although I've been getting Class I medical exams for 15 years with various AMEs, I left Dr **********'s office without a medical, having spent the majority of my hour in the office speaking with the FAA (not by my choice, the receptionist called them on my behalf). Believe it or not, I never even got to see the Doctor, or for that matter, anyone but the receptionist (picture Broom Hilda here). That's right, all I did was fill out the 8500 just as I had for the past 15 years. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this AME!!!!!
Yikes----Head VFR direct to the nearest "normal" doc and get your medical in hand!

There was a website where you can go to rate your experience with an AME. I forgot what it was though. I can recommend a good AME in Sacramento. Hopefully someone can find you a good one nearby

Good info, On Belay....remember guys, the AME is not your friend. Wanta good, through physical? Don`t go to an AME, go to a doctor that doesn`t hold your future in his hands....

I just returned from a visit to******************** in SJC. It felt to me like Gestapo headquarters. Although I've been getting Class I medical exams for 15 years with various AMEs, I left Dr ************** office without a medical, having spent the majority of my hour in the office speaking with the FAA (not by my choice, the receptionist called them on my behalf). Believe it or not, I never even got to see the Doctor, or for that matter, anyone but the receptionist (picture Broom Hilda here). That's right, all I did was fill out the 8500 just as I had for the past 15 years. Do yourself a favor and steer clear of this AME!!!!!

What was the reasoning for the receptionist calling the FAA on you behalf? Did she consult you before calling? I would have been more than pi$$ed.

I do agree with another post, go to another AME ASAFP!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get rejected by one, another one will be unable to issue you one, due to the first AME sending the refusel to the FAA in OKC. That's atleast what I was told once.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get rejected by one, another one will be unable to issue you one, due to the first AME sending the refusel to the FAA in OKC. That's atleast what I was told once.

The receptionist doesn't have the authority to deny your medical though. I hope you didn't have to pay anything if you never saw the doc.

The receptionist doesn't have the authority to deny your medical though. I hope you didn't have to pay anything if you never saw the doc.

I was refering the the AME, not some University of Phoenix valedictorian answering phones.

Latest resources

Back