Bates Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

PA44Jockey

Would you recommend Bates lites or Durashocks for an airline pilot? Are these shoes cheaper at the Px? I am going to the Exchange in DC on Saturday with my Father(Us Navy.) I have found Bates Lites locally at uniform shops for about 90.00

Would you recommend Bates lites or Durashocks for an airline pilot? Are these shoes cheaper at the Px? I am going to the Exchange in DC on Saturday with my Father(Us Navy.) I have found Bates Lites locally at uniform shops for about 90.00

Bates suck. They are the worst shoes out there. In about 6-12 months one of the following things will happen to you:
1. The soles will begin to peel away from the shoe.
2. You will have a blow out of the seam near the balls of your feet.
3. Your feet and shoes will smell like an old bag of Fritos corn chips.

I use similar looking shoes made by Nun Bush. Very comfy, durable and about the same price.

If you want to fit in with the young airline pilot crowd, I recommend Sketchers and an iPod.

get a pair of Eccos and make sure they have fiberglass instead of steel shanks. Either that or go shoeless through security everyday.

One of the best pair of shoes I ever bought was a pair of Alden wing tips. Quite expensive at $560 a pair, but they'll last you at least 20 years. You'll have to get the soles done every 5 years or so, the Good Year hard rubber sole.
Also I saw a similar looking wing tip on Amazon.com under Allen Edmonds for $300. Once again they'll last 20 years. Very comfortable.

Cordovan Long Wing Blucher

The image shown is Dark Burgundy Shell Cordovan</B>
"Made in USA"
975.jpg

[SIZE=-1]Sizes Stocked[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Double Leather Sole
Barrie Last[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Style #[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Color[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sizes[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Widths[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Price[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Buy[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]View Matching Accessories[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]975 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Dark Burgundy Shell Cordovan[/SIZE]66 1/277 1/288 1/299 1/21010 1/21111 1/21212 1/213 CDE [SIZE=-1]$560.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Matching Accessories [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]9751 [/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Black Shell Cordovan[/SIZE]66 1/277 1/288 1/299 1/21010 1/21111 1/21212 1/213 DE [SIZE=-1]$560.00[/SIZE][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Matching Accessories [/SIZE]

transparent.gif

<FONT face=Arial color=#000000>Contact Us

Eccos with the fiberglass shank. My pair is over four years old and 3500 hours of flying. I'm about to replace the shoe laces - everything else looks really good. Best shoes I ever owned.

checkerboard slip-on Vans, 50 bucks at the mall, nicest shoe i have ever worn, never re-soled, they are preserved in a thin glaze of PBR, hydraulic fluid, and broken dreams.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back