BAT Test Help Please

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jstock

Can anyone please give me a heads up on the BAT test. Looks like I will be taking it next month.

I was wondering what I can do to prep myself and how they measure risk taking with it. Today at my det. I was told at my det. that they measure your amount of risk taking with it, but they didn't know how or if taking risks was rated at good or bad.

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
js

There's nothing you can really do (except for playing video games for your whole life).

I don't know if they have the 'new' bat testing yet. I was part of the group that helped test it last year, but from what I saw doing it a couple times, you either can do it or you can't. I would not be too worried though, pretty much everyone who has the shot at being a pilot seems like they can do it fine.

There is a little bit of information that is available for the BAT. It is pretty straight forward, and the information from this AETC Website will be helpfull. It states what is involved with the test. Best advice is to get a good night's sleep and make sure you are rested.

jstock said:
Please excuse the typos. I do homework in place of sleep these days.

The 2 best things to do are:

1. Sleep
2. Play lots of video games.

If you're not well rested, your reaction time won't be as quick as you'd like it to be.

Good luck

BAT

Thanks for the help guys. Too bad I don't play video games.

For anyone that cares you can now take the BAT twice, but you have to have 6 months between tests like the AFOQT.

Thanks again,
Jeff

Doctors who play video games at least three hours per week perform that video camera surgury that is used all the time these days 27 percent faster and with 37 percent fewer errors than doctors who don't. :D

Anyway, It still looks like its the old test (unless there are UAVs in there), but I think that six month retest came out of the study. I know I did much better the second time I took it 6 months later.

Re: BAT

jstock said:
Thanks for the help guys. Too bad I don't play video games.

Go get a bag of quarters and head to the local arcade! You've got studying to do!

Although I'm addicted to Golden Tee Cup, track-ball golfing is probably not your best use of time.

Here's a few...

Pac-Man
Asteroids
Pong
Stargate
Missile Control
Dig-Dug

If anyone can recommend more, please let jstock know...

Re: Re: BAT

Steeler Fan said:
Although I'm addicted to Golden Tee Cup, track-ball golfing is probably not your best use of time.

Here's a few...

Pac-Man
Asteroids
Pong
Stargate
Missile Control
Dig-Dug

If anyone can recommend more, please let jstock know...

My goodness, man, what kind of arcade have you been in?? All those games are from the '80's! :D

I don't go to many arcades myself, but in my last D&B visit, I enjoyed:
-VR Boxing game (you hold "gloves" and stand on a platform, game can sense your movements and punches...nice burn)
-Time Crisis II (best with a partner, eats up quarters)
-Daytona 500 (again, best with a group so you can crash into, I mean, race against each other)
-Mortal Kombat XVI (or whatever number they're up to now), if you like getting your a$$ kicked by a 12 year old that knows all the secret moves.

They did have Ms PacMan and Millipede too, for those of us wanting blasts from the past.

It'd probably be cheaper to find a neighborhood kid with Gamecube/Xbox/PS2 and let them school you for a while on a variety of games.

Peace,
DP

Re: Re: Re: BAT

DHPope93 said:
My goodness, man, what kind of arcade have you been in?? All those games are from the '80's! :D

DP

Fortunately, I don't dress like I'm still living in the 80s...

I know I'm getting old, but Golden Tee is new (and addicting), and one of the few games that my 11 yr old son thoroughly doesn't crush me.

Golden Tee, a Pool Table, and a Dart Board...

Latest resources

Back