Bases and Schedule Q's for ExpressJet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flash 7

As fare as the ONTor LAX goes. Could someone live in SAN and sit reserve for these bases? is there long/short callouts? Upgrade times at these bases? How are the lines?

Also I've heard that ExpressJet has very good work rules, I have friends at SkyWest that say that they can always average 100 per month of pay by working the system and still get 15 to 16 days off. Is this possible at ExpressJet??

Thanks in advance for the info.

Whats the seniority of your friend at Skywest? Unless its fairy high I kinda doubt that. There are ways to make more than captains here for instance, bidding a check airmans line. Since we are short on pilots right now you may also pick up time on days off (non reserves only) for 150% pay credits.

Otherwise, we are in a staffing shortage. Until you reach the top 35% in your base you will have only 12 days off a month as a line holder. Those who know how to trip trade well can use the system to drop their lines to a minimum of 60 hours. On reserve you will have 11 days off in a 30 day month and 12 days off in a 31 day month. (or bid period). On reserve we have 3 new bases, SAT, LAX, and ONT. We have long call lines where you have 12 hours to report. There are a limitted number of those in each base however. I'd say you wouldn't wanna be sitting 2 time zones away for a 12 hour call out on your first year. ONT has by far the best commutability followed by SAT and the LAX which is pretty bad for commuters. Lots of Day trips. As for the work rules, they are pretty great and have ways to make a lot of money. Senior guys get upwards of 200 days off a year. Our vacation provision is 2nd to none. For instance I have 1 week this month and it dropped all by 5 days of work and protected me to a 75 hour garauntee. Time that I add will be paid at 150%. Pretty good stuff overall.

The union and the company, for the most part, have a very good relationship. We are having some growing pains that we are working through. Computer IT issues etc. The union is highly involved in the day to day operation of the company. The union safety committee works very close with the company. The scheduling committee makes all the schedules. The protection the union provides and issues that can help be resolved are well worth the 1.95%. It's really something you should consider if also looking at Skywest.

Yea, listen to this guy^^^^^, he knows whats up. Enlighten me on the trip trading to 60 hours thing. Do you still get min guarantee or anytime you drop below 75 you are losing money right? Or do you have to do it in the ILIW to not lose money?

You drop your hours below 75, you get whatever your actual hours are (all the way down to 60). The 75 hr. guarantee does not apply if you wilfully drop your line down to 60 - 74 hours. He's saying that you are able to go down to 60 hours if your shrewd enough to figure out the system. ;)

trade a 4-day for a 2 day or even better a day trip...pick up more days off but at 9: 00: 02 your too late!

WTF does this mean? it makes no sense at all.

It refers to trip trading in the ILIW (and the SLIW, to a lesser extent). The window opens at 2100 local, but by 2100:01 most of the trips in open time are gone. You have to pull the trigger at 2100:00, not a half-second later.

Latest resources

Back