Bases/90 minute rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

V1RT8

Pilot Bases are as follows: BOS HPN EWR BWI ATL MCO FLL MIA ORD DFW DEN SFO & LAX

All pilots hired since Jan. 2002 must show proof of residency within 90 minutes of a base.

Best info I have is they will be hiring ~70 pilots this year.

Only hire FO's - $35k to start. Above average benefits.
7 on 7 off. Thursday to Wednesday or Tuesday to Monday

They will say 2 years to advance to left seat.

Interview is sraight forward but very thorough. You need to be very sharp and have good personal skills.

Hope this helps.

What fractional is this for?

Based on the information he provided, it sounds like he's talking about CitationShares. However, on their website, they do not list LAX or SFO as bases. And I believe that is correct information.

This is copied and pasted from their website as of today, Jan 11.

CitationShares offers the following Pilot Base locations :

BOS HPN EWR BWI ATL MCO FLL MIA ORD DFW DEN

Sorry, pushed the wrong button. I was responding to another thread. The info does relate to CitationShares. LAX and SFO are pilot bases. The company will be expanding from the Rocky Mtns. to the west coast in the near future. I am not sure if they are actively hiring into those bases as of today, but there are pilots based there now.

why do youy have to prove that you live within 90 minutes? As long as you are there for your 90 minute show whether it's a hotel or your home. As long as you are 90 minutes away it shouldn't be a problem right?

For a qs it's 3hrs which I don't live anywhere close to. So the night before work i drive down and show up at a hotel. This way i am in for my 3 hr 100 mile rule.

Are people upgrading into the xl?

CS is taking several Excels this year. Bravo and CJ1 captains are advancing with the delivery of each new aircraft.

I think the reason for bases instead of gateways like QS is due to the smaller size of the company and the logistics and expense of flying pilots from somewhere other than their designated bases. I am sure it would not happen often, but with gateways there is always the possibility for a pilot not to be where he/she is supposed to be when he/she is supposed to be there. I guess they do not want to take the chance of having an a/c sitting without crew. As they get bigger, that will probably change.

I wasn't trying to upset you, when I said I pushed the wrong button, I meant that I started a new thread instead of replying to a post on another. Don't be so sensitive.

I was just trying to give info for those that may want it.

I knew what you meant. And I was just trying to be accurate. You just seem to not get it.

Like I said before.....I've been told not to post info regarding CitationShares.....so I guess I'd better mind. No more CS for me.

I don't want to get in trouble:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Info

Great info on a great company. Thanks, V1.

Why do these posts always degrade into a fist fight?

Turbine.

Because it's on the fractional board, and that's all you guys seem to know how to do.

And Turbine...you're one to talk.

PS..My friend that works at CS is wishing they would open a base here on the west coast. The facts are, regardless of what you may read on here...except for a couple of guys that have been grandfathered in, LAX and SFO are not bases. They tried it, it caused them big problems, and they no longer allow either of those cities as domicile choices.

Latest resources

Back