• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bases/90 minute rule

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me NJA is very concerned about a pilot not being where they are supposed to be. We've had a few pilots get fired for not being close enough to the airport. Being 5 hrs away instead of being 3 and a 100.

I think if your honest and the company knows you are honest the 90 minute rule shouldn't be a problem. Sure sitting in a hotel on your dime sucks but people knew that going into it. I sure did.

How many planes does cs have now?

Thanks for all the info.

Diesel,
CS currently has ~31 aircraft.

I think as the company gets larger they will certainly revisit the base versus gateway situation. They are at a size now where they cannot afford for an a/c to go without crew for even a day. I agree that there are a lot of qualified pilots that they can not hire because of the base restrictions.

Someone else asked about overtime. The schedulers will/do give out o/t freely. Captains can easily do 10K in o/t. FO's can easily do 7K. The way the schedules work, if no one does overtime there will always be a/c sitting without crew. If a crew tells scheduling that they want to stay out, they will. The schedulers would rather pay the o/t than have an a/c sit. The exception would obviously be if the a/c is in maint. Very often o/t consists of flying home on the morning of day 8 or flying out the evening prior to day one. Easy money if you are flexible.

Base awards?

Once hired, can an employee simply pick any base that he/she wants or is there some sort of a bidding system set up where u have to bid to get a particular base?

if there is a bidding system, which bases are senior/junior?

Trainerjet,

I don't mean to be contrary, but SFO and LAX are indeed CS domiciles. I just flew with one of our crewmembers who's moving to SFO soon.

DLconnection,

You pick your base after you're hired. They'll ask you for proof of residence to verify you can comply with the 90-minute basing policy, but beyond that it's all you.

From The Web Site:

http://www.citationshares.com/contact/employment.aspx

CitationShares offers the following Pilot Base locations:

BOS, HPN, EWR, BWI, ATL, MCO, FLL, MIA, ORD, DFW, DEN, LAX, SFO, PHX, CVG, SAT, STL, BNA, MCI, IAD

CitationShares pilots must reside within ninety minutes of their Pilot Base.

You pick the base.

No senior bases.

No junior bases.

No seniority system.

44 aircraft by the end of March 2004.

How is a company like Citationshares to work for compared to Netjets or Flt Options. Sorry for my ignorance about fractionals. Im trying to learn as much as I can about them.

Who is the best as far as pay and work rules? Also, who seems to be growing the most?

flx757 said:

Like I said before.....I've been told not to post info regarding CitationShares.....so I guess I'd better mind. No more CS for me.

I don't want to get in trouble:rolleyes:

Just curious, why have you been told not to post info regarding CS? Is that some sort of upper management directive?

fb

Yes...and that's all I'll say. Just trying to keep my best friend out of trouble. I've been "warned". So, I guess they only want "ofically approved information" released here. At least that's what they told me. (And I don't even work there, but my best friend does.)

Last edited:
flx757 said:
Yes...and that's all I'll say. Just trying to keep my best friend out of trouble. I've been "warned". So, I guess they only want "ofically approved information" released here. At least that's what they told me. (And I don't even work there, but my best friend does.)

Thanks, I guess it's probably wise since most threads seem to end up in fist fights and rumors being perpetuated anyway.

fb

Latest resources

Back