Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

It will roll

It just wont be prettty.
Looks like a buddy of mine and I will be traveling to BCN (Barcelona) for a very short visit, since we have 3 days off at the same time. For anyone who has been there, any "must see/do" things to mention? Just reading up on the tour books now... Thanks in advance.

Me and the wife went there few years back, so we did turisty-wifey stuff, like visiting architech Antonius Gaudi's main pieces of work: Parc Guell (nice views of the city, trippy architecture), Sagrada Familia church (huge!), and La Pedrera (meh...). The subway takes you anywhere.

We stayed in the heart of the city, La Rambla, which is the place to be for good eats and really cool bars. Spain makes some really good beer, try San Miguel. People are very receptive, outgoing. Good looking girls too. The food is some of the best I've had...you've got to have a paella when in Barcelona, this is the real deal, not the crap you'll find at some latino restaurant down the street.

And....I tried absinthe :nuts: at this smokey jazz bar where supposedly Hemmingway used to hang out. It wasn't what it's all cracked up to be, didn't do nothing for me really, just a lil headache the next day. But the bar scene is great, and they'll serve afterhours Tapas anytime you like.

Barcelona is easily one of the best cities I've been to. I imagine a single dude will have a blast there.

One more thing, on the Rambla (main street in the Gothi district) there's a HUUUGE beerhouse, on the left side when walking towards the port. You can't miss it. I've never been anywhere with such a huge selection of beers, the menu has pages and pages of beer from around the world, I was dumbfounded. It was packed when I went, happy hour of course. Have a San Miguel for me!
:beer:

Hey crash,

Just got back today. Thanks for the info, didn't get to that beer house wish I knew about it before. It was a great time over there, saw the sights, did a pub crawl at night with a bunch of kids from surrounding hostels, met some fun people, european girls are awesome. Getting back sucked. Due to that London crap, all the empty seats out of BCN were snatched up last minute re-routing passengers back to the States. I think me and my friend got the last 2 open seats out of Spain for the next week. Business Class on a Delta 767-300 wasn't too bad either. Salud.

Latest resources

Back