Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Timebuilder

Entrepreneur
I was in NY since Monday meeting with producers and agents, and I got to sample a little BBQ. I did not yet see the Passion of the Christ, but saw Amber Tamblyn on the subway. Go figure.

Someone here had recommended Brother Jimmy's, which has three NY locations. I took the lexington avenue line to 77th street, and walked over to 2nd avenue. Brother Jimmy's was between 77th and 78th on 2nd.

I tried the combo platter with three different styles of ribs: Northern, Southern, and dry rubbed. All were good, but the spices on the dry rubbed were delicious. The Northern were the most tender, and that cute waitress said the Northern ribs were the big seller.

That night, a friend from Saturday Night Live gave me a steer to another spot, during a meeting with an agent: Virgil's Real Barbeque.

Virgil's is off Times Square, not far from the corner where MTV has its studios. I had the dry rubbed ribs and chicken combo. It was VERY good, with some decent blues instead of the typical restaurant music. There are two floors, and the staff is friendly and proud of the great food they serve.

Virgil's is a little more convenient than Jimmy's, and the overall meal was better. If you have a layover at the Hotel Pennsylvania across from the Garden, walk north on 7th avenue to 44th street, and make a right. It's in the middle of the block.

Last edited:
Wow!! you do find BBQ in some of the strangest places. Good review, T.B. BTW... does anyone know of good food near KOAK? I've got a trip out there tomorrow and will probably grab a bite while we are there.

SK:cool:

skyking1976 said:
Wow!! you do find BBQ in some of the strangest places. Good review, T.B. BTW... does anyone know of good food near KOAK? I've got a trip out there tomorrow and will probably grab a bite while we are there.

SK:cool:
Just down from the United and Alaska gates is Gourmet 360 degree Burrito. Awesome! I highly recommend the Garlic and Lime Chicken or Steak. Good food.

JayDub

Latest resources

Back