Banner Towing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
coogebeachhotel said:
Sky Signs is a great outfit! 7 hours a day of towing. They will get your endorsment for you.

No such thing as a banner tow endorsement, the only requirement is that your name is listed on the operators waiver at the FSDO.

NJA bound ......that would be a tail-wheel endorsment slick

Yeah, kind of got that picture from the previous reply, there was talk about the so called banner endorsement on page 1 of this post.

MCJ,
Down here at the airport in MB and Sky Signs is doing a training flight---so maybe it's NOT too early as we talked about. Feel free to call either Herb at Sky Signs or Dave at Barnstormers and see what the deal is...I know timing is a factor for you, so maybe they can work something out that might work for your situation. Cheers!

FlyingSkip said:
MCJ,
Down here at the airport in MB and Sky Signs is doing a training flight---so maybe it's NOT too early as we talked about. Feel free to call either Herb at Sky Signs or Dave at Barnstormers and see what the deal is...I know timing is a factor for you, so maybe they can work something out that might work for your situation. Cheers!

Are you a USMC pilot?

NJA bound said:
Yeah, kind of got that picture from the previous reply, there was talk about the so called banner endorsement on page 1 of this post.

There is no banner tow endorsement, per-say. The FAA does require the operator to recieve a waiver from the FSDO that outlines how they will operate. Any pilot that is to tow for the company must be listed on said waiver. I don't know how other waiver's read, but ours in NJ required specific training from the company and a "checkride" from their POI before we could be named on the waiver. Essentially he came out in the morning and watched a couple of banner pickups and drops.

Hey, my wife works for Marriot, I can get an associate rate of $36.00 per night including suites at any Marriott or CSM property. It’s all about connections! So what’s that about $1,100 per month + that includes a housekeeper, a full kitchen that you don’t have to clean, internet access, cable TV & HBO, & best of all no utility bills. I would be willing to do some banner towing as long as the company don’t want any $$$ from me.

Latest resources

Back