Banner Towing Jobs?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CrewDawg

Looking for some current information on banner towing jobs. I know this season is over or close to over and was looking to contact some people for next year. Airports, phone number, company names, min. times required, would be appreciated. I have heard about Aerial Sign, Aerial Banners and Sky-signs, but nothing current. Thanks.

CrewDawg said:
I know this season is over or close to over.

I have heard about Aerial Sign, Aerial Banners and Sky-signs, but nothing current. Thanks.

Do a search, this topic was brought up about 3 months ago and you will find a ton of info.

The season is over only in the North East, it is just starting down in FL where Aerial Banners and Aerial Signs are. I worked for Aerial Banners and the company was great. Mins are 300 total time and single commercial. Pay is $15 an hour but you get a $1 raise every month or two. They are flying all of the insurance banners right now like crazy but you can expect 60 hours per month, and over 150 a month durring spring break. They fly PA-25 pawnees with an empty weight of 1190 and they have 270 hp, so they are pretty fun to fly.

Aerial Signs flies Piper Cubs and super Cubs and they pay scale is really wierd, it's by the square foot, and there is a seinority as to who gets to fly what. Just do the search and you will find all the info, good luck.

florida aerial advertising has been advertising on climbto350 quite a bit.

Wasn't there a place down in Massey Ranch (About 10 miles south of Daytona Beach) that was a scam. Didn't the guy make you pay for a "banner towing" endorsement and then run with your money and not hire you after you were done with the training. I forget the name but I think it was something simular to Aerial Signs or Aerial Advertising. I never towed banners so I could be wrong. I did tow gliders and that was the most fun I've ever had in an airplane. Depending on where you live in the country the season can run all year long.

I got the banner tow training at aerial signs in hollywood, FL...only took a couple of days. Never worked there...it seems to be a reputable place.

hey cornholio:

I was a victim of that scam in Daytona beach. The place is called aerial signs. I was furloughed from great lakes in 2001, and went there to get my endorsement in an unairworthy 172. I paid $2500, with a promise (verbal) of a job after training. I was told that business was slow, but he gave me a list of other companies that would certainly need help. Every place that I called said that the guy I went to for training was a scammer. Here is the website of a guy that had a similar experience:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports/ripoff57824.htm

As for banner towing itself, I found it to be a pretty unsafe, desperate means of getting flight time. Not worth it in my opinion (especially in a non-taildragger). The method we used of banner pickup was extremely hazardous.

FLL2DENKAMUTR said:
hey cornholio:

I was a victim of that scam in Daytona beach. The place is called aerial signs.

The link you posted talks about Aerial messages, I assume you meant them and not aerial signs. I have heard aerial signs to be quite a reputable place.

Very risky indeed. I flew 800 hrs worth of banners and had several close calls. It makes a good stick and rudder pilot out of you but it's a hard way to get hours. If you do it be carefull, manage your risks and learn to say nohellno.

Latest resources

Back