Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Banner Tow Pilots arrested as TERRORISM!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it goes like this now ?

You enter from the north and fly down to abeam central park just south of the GW and turn around or you can enter from the south and fly north to the lady and turn around but there's something like a 2 mi area around the WTC so you can't go thru any more. This is in effect all time except when they close it like this past holiday weekend. Anyone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I first flew thru the corridor when I was 16 on my second solo x-country. I returned home thru the shoot as we called it and have been flying it for the past 12 years, well I guess untill now, thanks Osama and the rest of the building wreckers. Friends I flew thru there in highschool still talk about it . When I flew 135 between tittyboro and phl i'd takeoff out of teb with a quick turn be in the shoot southbound hit sandyhook and go direct to phl or pne or N67 it was faster than going around mmu and ewr. The pax would love it and usually request it if they had flown w/ us before. Again thanks Osama. O well.

When I moved to syr I planned on flying home for the holidays by way of the mohawk/hudson river corridor hit sandy hook and make a right, would have been a great flight 500 agl all the way no sectional just talk to alb once and enjoy the ride. guess not now. would someone please kill that mother *ucker.

Last edited:
$250,000

Ok... that is just WRONG!!!!

I would love to know how the idiot on the ground knew EXACTLY it was 25 feet off of the deck. Was he able to see the rivets?

Sounds like someone just finally had it with guys taking the shortcut.

I love NY and would not want to live anywhere else, but some of the people really need to get a grip on reality..

$250,000 for doing what is basically SOP for years? Filling Federal charges, extraditing and what banner tow pilot has $250,000 laying around for bail? Heck if they would of made it $10,000 it would probably be too much!

It is a sad day when they come down like a ton of bricks for someone doing there job and trying to get home....

Note in the story they say bond has not been posted. Of course it hasn't the planes that they were flying are barely worth 10% of that.

Come on any New York pilots should start calling up thier law makers and complaining of this unjust prosecution of pilots. Someone has to step up to the bar and help these guys.

"Banner Tow Pilots arrested as TERRORISM!"

No, Daresuzy. They were not arrested as terrorists. After six hours of interrogation, the feds were satisfied that they were NOT terrorists.

As far as I know, the VFR corridor was reopened recently. I'll have to check on it, but I think I saw that somewhere last week.

This is just the beginning of "Big Brother" over reacting to innocent off course exursions in aviation. I'm sure many of us have had an experience where we were suddenly much closer to a restricted area or "wrong" airport before we realize our mistake, only that was then and this is now.

Delta3 i have been blessed to fly both vfr routes in Cali and NYC-Breath-taking!!!;)

>>I'm sure many of us have had an experience where we were suddenly much closer to a restricted area or "wrong" airport before we realize our mistake, only that was then and this is now.

You're right. We now need to get with the new program, and fly accordingly.

Latest resources

Back