Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flywest

Respect my authoritaaahh!
I flew into Clow "International" Airport outside of Chicago this morning and saw a posting looking for pilots for a banner towing training class. For those interested, the class is being held on April 12 . . and there is NO FEE. The flyer also stated that no job is guaranteed after attending the training, and to contact Jim Triggs at 630-774-8383 for more info regarding the class. I have no experience with banner towing, or even the FBO in general (I think it was called A&M Aviation), so I can't offer any opinions on the quality of the operation.

What I can say is that this place already sounds like it is head and shoulders above that Aerial Advertising place that makes you pay for a "banner towing endorsement". Free training, and an honest statement about no job guarantees . . I'll take that anyday over the promises of a job (but only after you pay $xxx) BS.

Good Luck,
FlyWest

something sounds fishy there if they are going to train you for free but may not offer you a job. I sure there's an evplaination for this. If anyone checks it out let us know.

i rent from A&M during the summers and they are definately a top notch FBO, so this is quite interesting. was it only ground school or was flight time included? most liekly just a way they are trying to get their planes flying and making money.

Last edited:
I believe it was just a ground school, but I was just passing through and jotted down the information. If I didn't live in Columbus, I would have signed up myself.

Regards,
FlyWest

Latest resources

Back