• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Bank robber

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, I know the guy. Student pilot, last I heard, he was very near check ride. I never saw this comming. According to the local news he has been out of work for a while and not having any luck finding a new job. I think he had a mental break down, too bad, he was a very friendly and all around good guy.

What the article didn't say was that the cops put at least 6 bullet holes in a Brand New C172 (less than a month old), the cops missed hitting the innocent student pilot in the aircraft by less than 2 inches.

Basic story plot, for those who don't want to register w/ the KC Star:

Police this afternoon said a Wichita man tried to rob an Olathe bank this morning, then fled with six hostages and tried to hijack a single-engine airplane before he was shot by police.

FBI spokesman Jeff Lanza said the suspect was a 44-year-old Wichita man who has a pilot's license. He was not named because charges have not been filed.

The driver stopped in front of a Cessna 172 that was occupied by a student pilot and an instructor. The two in the Cessna were running through a final check and were almost ready to take off, Fairbanks said. When the driver of the van stopped in front of it, police cars quickly surrounded the van. Officers got out of their cars with shotguns in hand, Fairbanks said...

Last edited:
Ya get what ya get, when you 'go for it'.

Hostages stripped to their underwear? Yeah baby, I wonder if any of those girls had their thongs on that day.

Interesting. Hostages, gunfire, people hit...and the last thing I would have wondered about at any time was who was wearing what underwear...

avbug said:
Interesting. Hostages, gunfire, people hit...and the last thing I would have wondered about at any time was who was wearing what underwear...

Showing your age avbug.. :D

Age maybe, but where shooting goes, my thinking is more along the lines of cover, angle, front sight, press...rather than underwear. Perhaps it's just an old fashioned sense of preservation.

I fly out of the a/p & saw it all. It was the craziest thing yet. They even set up a 5mi TFR shortly after.

Latest resources

Back