bank repo pilot jobs ?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jsoceanlord

I've heard that there are bank repo pilots (or there were 30 years ago).. anyone know how to get these jobs ? thanks.

(there was speculation that the missing 727 in africa was the one that crashed recently and that a florida pilot had recently been contrated to repo it)

Life not interesting enough for you lately, js?

Repo

I fly my own company plane but I do have a good friend who owns a repo company. In the last three years, I bet we have taken maybe 12 planes for repo. See, he owns a regular repo company. 99% of what he does is cars, RV's boats, etc. We have repo'd a few new 172's and 182's a couple of Cirrus, a King Air 90, a Citation 5, and some others that escape me right now. It's not like on TV though. We've only flown a few away on the spot. Usually you make a make a deal with an FBO to hanger it until it can be really checked over well. Then once it's inspected by an A&P, we move it to where the lender wants it. Or it gets sold by a company in the town it is locked up in. We flew a 182 out of a small strip once because the guy who we loosing the plane also owned the airport. We also moved a couple Cirrus because there was no place to secure them.

Like I said though, once you find it, you usually just tow it somewhere close lock it up. When things get repo'd they are usually not in great shape. If they can't make the payment they usually can't maitain it either.

If you wanted to do aircraft repo, I'd write or email every repo company around and let them know you're availible. Lenders contract to repo companies so absolve themselvs of any liability. No lenders have repo men on their own books. Write the repo companies and tell them you're a pilot for hire and you can do repo's. I'd also contact a company called United Boston. They do a lot of "gray market" finance if you know what I mean. They might be able to give you some leads on who to contact too.

Good luck and be careful. The people are never a problem but the equipment can be in rough shape. And let me know how you make out!

"The repo man does not harm the vehicle nor does he allow harm to come to the vehicle while it's in his posession. That's the code of the repo man. You have to live by a code. That's the problem with this world, nobody lives by codes anymore"

I got paid two days wages by the bank, to repo my own twin cessna.

What was even more funnier, was the "FREE" 8,000 dollar annual and new props that were on it, when I picked it up.

Re: Repo man!

Dash8 said:
A repo man spends his life getting into tense situations.

A repo man's life is always intense.

You repo men, you're all out to f*ckin' lunch.

Repo mans got all night, every night!

Let's go get a drink.

Latest resources

Back