Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blingair

I'm your boy Carl
Question for Skywest EMB-120 pilots: I was sitting in the SLC Skywest terminal and noticed several 120 crew members banging their fists on the bottom of the right wing just outside of the #2 nacelle during the preflight. What gives? Is there a relay that you have to Fonzie in order to get it to work or something? Also, I noticed that some captains start the left engine and some the right, is this a captain's choice type deal? Thanks in advance, Mr. Bling.

Fuel door/bang if it don't fall open it's closed.

We have to make sure that the fuel doors are secured properly and that they are not loose in any way. Sometimes, the slightest gap will cause the microswitch to give us a "SERVICE" door warning in the cockpit.

As for the left versus the right engine start, my personal preference is to start the #1 engine on the first flight and then alternate from then on.

You have to start #1 if it's Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Unless it's the 2nd or 4th weeks of the month. Then you start #2 first. On all other days you start both together at the same time. Unless it's leap year then you start both, shut down #2, start it back up and then taxi. Embraer has some weird service bulletins on the engine starts but we comply regardless.

SkyWestCRJPilot said:
You have to start #1 if it's Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. Unless it's the 2nd or 4th weeks of the month. Then you start #2 first. On all other days you start both together at the same time. Unless it's leap year then you start both, shut down #2, start it back up and then taxi. Embraer has some weird service bulletins on the engine starts but we comply regardless.

you've got to have a lot of time on your hands to think something like that up :D

blingair said:
Question for Skywest EMB-120 pilots: I was sitting in the SLC Skywest terminal and noticed several 120 crew members banging their fists on the bottom of the right wing just outside of the #2 nacelle during the preflight. What gives?

They got around to the nacelle and saw that they weren't flying the transport jet that daddy and ERAU promised that they would be flying after 6 months with the "majors" for 100K+ per year.

"fist banging" is also a natural reaction to being separated from your backpack for more than 10 mins.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Ben Franklin said:
"fist banging" is also a natural reaction to being separated from your backpack for more than 10 mins.

Isn't it illegal in 32 states?

Talk about ripping a new one!

GP

blingair said:
Question for Skywest EMB-120 pilots: I was sitting in the SLC Skywest terminal and noticed several 120 crew members banging their fists on the bottom of the right wing just outside of the #2 nacelle during the preflight. What gives? Is there a relay that you have to Fonzie in order to get it to work or something? Also, I noticed that some captains start the left engine and some the right, is this a captain's choice type deal? Thanks in advance, Mr. Bling.

Frustration over the CR7 wages would be my guess....

"fist banging" is also a natural reaction to being separated from your backpack for more than 10 mins."

Could also be that they ran out of hair-gel or their hands have gotten tired from carrying their hat.

Latest resources

Back