Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

atrdriver

Living in Paradise
I sent an e-mail to Bancroft asking if they were still in business, and got one back today saying that they are not going out of business, not declaring chapter 11, or any other horrible things...If you need a good hat (for those of us that still have to wear them) they are the place to go...And no I don't work for them...:)

I tried to get one of their sales people to call me back (after being asked to submit my phone number to them by email) and they never did. I really wanted a Bancroft (better than Superior) but I couldn't get them to talk to me. I wasn't comfortable sending my order info. (including credit card info.) on their website and wanted to do it over the phone.

I subsequently asked someone who deals with them what might be the problem, and he said that he was told that the DOD had stopped dealing with them for military orders for some reason. He ( a civilian who sells aviation stuff) said that he couldn't get them to return their calls and he had to go with Superior just to have a product on the shelves.

If anyone (including a Bancroft rep.) knows different, please post here...

I called them just yesterday to order and hat and I actually spoke with someone. The lady on the phone told me it will probably take 4 weeks for my order to be filled. However she said it may not be a "Bancroft" hat. She said they are in the process of changing names but the product will be the exact same.

I called them just yesterday to order and hat and I actually spoke with someone. The lady on the phone told me it will probably take 4 weeks for my order to be filled. However she said it may not be a "Bancroft" hat. She said they are in the process of changing names but the product will be the exact same.

FWIW, the reason that it takes 4 weeks is that they make the hat when you order it, they do not have a large stock on hand. I asked them to rush mine and it took about 2 weeks, 3 with shipping.

If you leave your number they WILL call you back, it just may take several days for them to do it. I believe that they are a very small company, with not very many people trying to do everything. Like I said, I sent them an e-mail, and this is the response that I got from them:

No, we are not shut down and I am still taking and entering orders for pilot’s hats. If they have any plans of shutting down, they haven’t told anyone. There have been lots of rumors going around about us.

Thank You,

Laurie Firth
Customer Service
Bancroft Cap Co.

800-448-8090, ext. 102
[email protected]

One of the worst things was switching from Bancroft to the Superior hat. The Superior hat looked like a frisbee on my little bald head, and I just hated the way the thing fit.
But I guess since I wore a hat that all the new regional pilots think that's uncool so what's the difference:rolleyes:

I got the optional beer holder and straws with mine.

Latest resources

Back