Balloon Ride

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cj610

My wife got me a balloon ride as a birthday present. We went up the other evening. It was a perfect evening. Sky clear, light winds. The fall colors were near peak here in SE Michigan. It was neat just hovering along the ground at 10 kts, 500-1000 ft. It was different to not have any horizontal control. The Captain gave us a great ride and a very gentle and smooth landing. We landed in the middle of a subdivision on someones driveway. We quickly found out how many kids lived in that neighborhood. After my wife and I got out, he gave about 15 kids a little ride(5 at a time). He only took them up 7 ft then right back down for another load. Then he had the kids help pack up the balloon into his trailer. Smart eh? It was neat and memerable experience.

CJ 610

Wow that sounds like fun. What a terrrific guy to do that for the kids. Rare.
How about wires and such in the subdivision, I'da been worried. Thanks for posting the report.

Yes, there were wires but when your coming in at 5-10 kts, you can pick them out real easy. In matter of fact, we had to delay our landing by about 10 minutes because we were following right down a row of power lines. I felt very safe the whole time we were riding along. It was fun.

Latest resources

Back