• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Balad D-> San Antonio

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I reposted this elsewhere, excellent article. Got a kick out of all the eurotrash who try to make excuses for the Euro ATC.

The way I figure it, you could hijack an airliner in Europe and only do 6 months of time in a lightweight prison. Going NORDO and direct San Antonio would have been fairly high on my decison flowchart given the gravity of the situation.

"Roger Franfurt, understand Reach 52 --eared di-ect Gander, --ight p-an --ute, m---ain
FL310............be advised, your trans-----ter is inter----tent"

Probably even could walk in back and say "Lance Corporal Ping, this careers for you" with a salute. It would be worth it ;)

Seriously, he survived, great job by all.

After quite a few missions "over there", this stuff does not surprise me at all. When it needs to be done, it gets done....it is that simple. I saw people that would avoid a local training sortie like the plague, but they would not hesitate to be on the leading edge of some scary flights. Makes you proud to wear the uniform.

Kudos to the crew and EVERYONE involved. Kudos to Ping for putting his a$$ on the line...

Kudos to the crew and EVERYONE involved. Kudos to Ping for putting his a$$ on the line...

It's always nice to hear these kinds of stories from crews who have the opportunity to do something good during their deployments. Good job to the crew for being ready and getting Ping where he needed to go. I do, however, get tired of seeing the AF PR machine fall all over themselves patting everyone on the back when, in reality, the stories that Cpl Ping and his buddies could tell would make this little trans-continental flight look like a walk in the park.

It's always nice to hear these kinds of stories from crews who have the opportunity to do something good during their deployments. Good job to the crew for being ready and getting Ping where he needed to go. I do, however, get tired of seeing the AF PR machine fall all over themselves patting everyone on the back when, in reality, the stories that Cpl Ping and his buddies could tell would make this little trans-continental flight look like a walk in the park.

Shack.

How about some coast-out and then "Due Regard" action? Or at least after the last tanker hookup.

In any case, they did good. But I expect that any crew who came up in the rotation would have done the same thing. The real story is not the people on the crew, but the overall system.

Would anyone who wears the uniform NOT bust his/her ass to help this Marine? The story should be about the brotherhood of the uniform, not some specific crew.

Great Job to all the crews. Adam "Pirep" "Bing-a-ling" Bingham has always been a class act, and a good friend.

While not a big fan of the 17, I will give kudos to the crew and plane on this one!
Nice job gentlemen. Outstanding

Always
Motch

Latest resources

Back