Bags Storage in Coat Closet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

A flight attendant told me the other day that bags stored in a coat closet have to be stored upright, and side by side, instead of laying them down on top of one another. Does anyone one know if this is true, and if so, can you provide an FAR reference?

Thanks

The coat closet could have a weight limit for the floor depending on the aircraft or coat closet installed. This sounds like a company requirement, did you ask the flight attendant for a reference? Or this is a "say so law", - - - it is because "I say so".

Not that some pilots I know would not have done this but:

On one trip a flight attendant kept smacking her foot on the floor saying her foot hurt. I looked down and noticed she had on two left shoes. I told her that and she was looking at them and I said "I bet you have another pair like those at home. She looked at me confused and said "yes I do........ how did you know that"? I said "good guess on my part".

With out references, you need to "check" the source.

Not that some pilots I know would not have done this but:

On one trip a flight attendant kept smacking her foot on the floor saying her foot hurt. I looked down and noticed she had on two left shoes. I told her that and she was looking at them and I said "I bet you have another pair like those at home. She looked at me confused and said "yes I do........ how did you know that"? I said "good guess on my part".

:laugh:

(she could've also stolen two display shoes :eek:)

Latest resources

Back