Background checks

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

oiltycoon

Ok, this may be a goofy topic. I have a myspace page. I am not embarrassed but I know a few people here will have a few choice words. whatever...

If you have a myspace page, then you know it's possible to search for a specific myspace page by email. And in the 21st century of background checks, companies (no one listed specifically) are using the email listed on your resume/coverletter/online app to see if you have a myspace page..... with pics of you at spring break in Mexico with topless babes in each arm or some rave .... along with any other info you naively put down on your page. It has been known that applicants have been turned down because of this.

My page is quite simple, nothing exciting but I'm currently in the job hunt and I suppose if future employers see that I have a page (regardless of what content is posted) I am worried that I'd be turned down just because I have one. So I'm using a different email.

Companies are also able to run credit checks on you. Where they get the right, I'm not sure. "Is this person responsible enough? Is he/she paying her bills on time?"

Anyone here (or know anyone) run into this kind of trouble?

You can make your myspace page private so only your friends can view it, or just use a different E-mail.
Employers usually won't look at your credit untill you authorize them via a release they provide in your application packet.

Make your page private!

a different profession, but one of my best friends is a deputy Fire chief and the first thing he does when they get a new fire fighter applicant is search myspace. wants to see how they live their personal life.

Make your page private!

a different profession, but one of my best friends is a deputy Fire chief and the first thing he does when they get a new fire fighter applicant is search myspace. wants to see how they live their personal life.

That confirms my earlier stories. I'm currently applying to high profile corporate flight departments and I'd think that someone deep within the HR confines would be searching myspace (not that I have anything to hide).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back