Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Back the plane on ground using the thrust reverser.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Senior_Citizen said:
and others like the Dornier 328Jet,

The DoJet does not have t/r's

There is a guy that does it in a KA200 on a regular basis here at FXE. He is a flaming a-hole, so I hope he sucks a rock in next time he does it.

Senior_Citizen said:
We are also considering to buy an medium jet with good field performance (Ce750,CL300,Raytheon H2000), and a fractional on other big iron, for few long hauls, our priority is to have full operational autonomy w/o ground support on these locations (ussualy at 3rd world countries).

Just a word of advice...If your company ends up acquiring a Ce750, make sure you have mechanics, tools, and parts at every location you plan on stopping.

Senior_Citizen said:
Yes, I know the risk of these maneouvre (higher than on turboprops), but sometimes is justified...

I'm not certain why you say the risk of this maneouvre is "less" for a turboprop. I used to fly the Beech 1900D and there was a limitation in our books against backing up the airplane in reverse. And as others have mentioned, FOD is a definite concern. Remember, a turboprop is a jet engine that extracts a large portion of the energy of the exhaust gas to spin a propeller.

757BBJ_Capt said:
Air Florida (Palm 90) wished they hadn't power backed. Because they did, coupled with extremely poor judgement, the crew and most of the passenger got to end their lives knowing the temperature of the Patomac on a cold winter's day.

WOW, that was helpful!

"but sometimes is justified..."

Ok, Senior, I will bite - when? What possible reason is there (unless it is part of the SOP on an approved aircraft with wing walkers) for backing a multi-million a/c? Poor planning? Poor skills? What?

I don't get you - your aircraft search, your rich friend - nothing.

Are you just trying to flame the fires?
icon4.gif

when? What possible reason is there (unless it is part of the SOP on an approved aircraft with wing walkers) for backing a multi-million a/c? Poor planning? Poor skills? What?

Just to knew who is a real Pilot....

Is this answer enough to you?, or a real meeting in our hanger with my boss is what you need?, whatever, I'm not affaired about you think.

I only want information, not convesation, if 'm interested on conversation, I'll post on evry thread.

Last edited:
We have an idiot at the airport that backs his Westwind up to the doors of his hangar. He's a know it all so he can do anything he wants. Very risky..

Senior_Citizen said:
Just to knew who is a real Pilot....

Is this answer enough to you?, or a real meeting in our hanger with my boss is what you need?, whatever, I'm not affaired about you think.

I only want information, not convesation, if 'm interested on conversation, I'll post on evry thread.

Well....you cannot be a "real pilot." It is evident that you can't read, write or understand the english language.

I've backed an SA-226 before. In fact it was so underpowered and we operated it out of such short strips that we frequently backed up to the beginning of the runway before takeoff to get every inch. Many times we sat in the cockpit and chanted "allah please move us back, peace be upon our Dash 6's and our water methanol." However, since this never seemed to do the trick we just backed it up ourselves.

do a search on the forum for the exact topic. it has been discussed numerous times before. look up thrust reverser and reverse thrust.

Latest resources

Back