Babbitt "vows major rewrite of fatigue rules"

jonjuan

Honey Ryder
Total Time
3,000+
Sorry, couldn't find a link, but this was just released from the FAA and reported on CNBC as breaking news.
Said "To expect big changes in commuter scheduling rules." Babbitt is Calling on major airlines to help boost commuter safety."
Sounds like he's going to be quite proactive. Standby....

Baze

Kama'aina
Total Time
11000+
I'll believe it when I see it.

Besides, why is he singling out "commuters". Why not make changes for
the majors too? I know the answer: Window Dressing by the FAA to make
the flying public feel safe and the media to back off.

WolfManPack

Total Time
5000+
Sorry, couldn't find a link, but this was just released from the FAA and reported on CNBC as breaking news.
Said "To expect big changes in commuter scheduling rules." Babbitt is Calling on major airlines to help boost commuter safety."
Sounds like he's going to be quite proactive. Standby....
That's all good and fine but the whole airline system (read not just commuter airlines) need an overhaul with regards to combating fatigue!

This is beginning to smell like the ATA has once again succeeded in squelching safety in the name of profitt.

Last edited:

100/hour/5y

Total Time
lots
I had better work rules and duty limits at express then I do now at CAL... My duty days are longer at CAL... CAL might be a major but the work rules are on par with the comuters!

Voice Of Reason

Reading Is Fundamental !
Total Time
15 min
Hmmm..."commuters" as in regionals, or "commuters" as in EVERYONE commuting to work?

ImbracableCrunk

Unregistered Un-User
Total Time
6AM
Hooray! ALPA! Yippeee! As brought to you by the narrator guy from Discovery Channel!

Cpt Oveur

I had the fish for dinner
Total Time
time?
It's going to be interesting to see how they define what a regional is. Many regionals are considered majors by DOT definitions.

What happened to the FAA's "One level of safety?"

Benjamin Dover

Total Time
10K +
I was thinking the same thing. Probably regionals.
maybe both. "commuters to work" is on their agenda too according to one of our chiefs. Rumor is feds hoping for commuters must be in base 12 hrs prior to trip. But all those guys who drive to work are so rested .... right!