B737 review material

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Santini

Iam interested in purchasing some 737 review material in hopes of an upcoming SWA class date. its been 6 years since my type and I could use some advise on the best material for the investment. has anyone used AvSofts reviews or videos??? thanks in advance for the help.

Give K and S Aviation in PHX a call. They use SWA flows and checklists in their training. Their material is $250 but might benefit you during SWA training to actually have the flows and SWA profiles. Just a thought.

Good luck!!!

Avsoft material

I purchased a review disk from Avsoft for the MD-11 a while back, and am pleased with it. It doesn't have any graphics, or schematics, but just a bank of about 900 questions relating to systems. As I recall it was only about $35.00, and well worth it. It is also easy to tailor it to you specific model aircraft, or engine type etc.
Not sure if this is what you were refering to, but their web site is www.avsoft.net. Good luck in Dallas...I hope to be there soon to.

Swimmer

Try Red triangle productions, you pay one price for lifetime revisions and they email the whole thing to you, and you can download the whole program twice, one for the big machine and one for the laptop. They have a free demo.

Good Book

Try this... www.canovair.com

Get "The Cockpit Review" for $39. It is a great book, the best I have seen for getting a guy ready for an oral.
This book has stuff in it that our company systems book doesn't even have.

My friend that just finished from the April class told me that when you get to class, SWA will give you the order form for a bunch of flashcards from systems and their FOM. I figured if they say, "you may find this helpful" then for $46 (out of your pocket) I'll make my life easier. My bud said that if you know the stuff in those cards you will pass your checkride.

I don't have the form here to give you the address or phone number but know you can also order via e mail at
[email protected]

See ya in Dallas (someday):)

I wouldn't spend the money for the K and S stuff unless you are rolling in dough. Since you already have the type rating, just buy the PASS cards -- it's all you need. The cards cover what is important to SWA and John Pansmith keeps them current with the latest FOM revisions. Systems, limitations and memory items most of the annunciator lights are covered by the cards. There are no flows in the cards but I found that it was easier to learn them in the CPT anyway.

Honestly, you probably don't need to study at all. Enjoy whatever you are doing now.

Latest resources

Back