B58 Baron Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GVFlyer

I have a friend who wants to hire a pilot to fly his charter B58 Baron in the New York area. He's looking for someone with 2000 hours total time and 500 hours multi.

I'm thinking that either end of the spectrum, either a time-builder or an airline pilot who turned prematurely 60, would fit the bill nicely.

If you're interested I'll PM contact info to you.

GV

2000/500 for a Baron job? I don't think anyone "time builds" on a Baron with that kind of time. Unless it pays really, REALLY well.

Dunno, what he pays.

You would have to ask him. The last guy was a retired airline captain so the time didn't matter.

I'm sure that he looks for around 2000 total with 500 of it multi to drop the insurance costs.

GV

I'm getting a lot of PMs asking me if the 2,000 hours total time, 500 hours multi is a hard requirement for this job.

I don't know, I suspect that this requirement, like everything else in aviation, is negotiable. If you want to present your qualifications to the guy that does the hiring, I'll PM you the contact info.

GV

Yeah, that time sounds high. I got hired into a BE58 slot with just around 700TT and about 50 ME to fly it Part91 for a company. Insurance requirments arent that high for a plane in that ballpark.

The way I read it, this is a Part 135 job so the insurance requirements might be greater than those for your Part 91 job. _SkyGirl_

I have a friend who wants to hire a pilot to fly his charter B58 Baron in the New York area. He's looking for someone with 2000 hours total time and 500 hours multi.

I'm thinking that either end of the spectrum, either a time-builder or an airline pilot who turned prematurely 60, would fit the bill nicely.

If you're interested I'll PM contact info to you.

GV
How does someone "prematurely" turn 60?
icon10.gif

Latest resources

Back