B2 Bomber qualifications

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Lumber Yak

I just watched the "bat wing" B2 bomber fly over the Rose Bowl parade. I have seen it many times and it never ceases to amaze me... Questions regarding the "lucky" few who get to fly this thing:

1. What are typical qualifications in terms of hours, previous aircraft types flown (e.g., fighter or bomber)?

2. Have any of your friends (or yourself) flown the B2? How does it compare with previous aircraft in terms of comfort or technology, etc.? What's it like to fly?

It is such a beautiful airplane to watch. I hope Saddam gets a great view in the coming months...

Happy New Year!

Most are going to have B-52 or B-1 time. I would expect them to have been in stan-eval or instructor in previous duty station.

There are a lot of bombers guys but they have their share of fighter guys as well...and, believe it or not, two FAIPs that I know of. The B-2 will soon be "dropped" into SUPT class assignments.

Wow fast movers and FAIP's what is the world comming to.

Just kidding.

Restricted Alert........-aawwwww...sheeeet

B 2 and T 38 Hours

I remember reading that B 2 pilots get very few hours but can't find the posts.

Does anyone know how many total hours they get and how the time is split between the 38 and the B 2?

Also, there are rumors that there are some B 2 possibilites coming up in the near future out of UPT. Has anyone else heard them?

Thanks

Just before I left lovely Del Rio by the sea last summer, there was an individual who got a B-2, though I can't remember whether it was a FAIP or a UPT graduate. I'd seriously consider one's "seat endurance" before deciding to fly the B-2, and not to mention being stationed at another garden spot. You gotta ask yourself: do you like hiking and the outdoors? In all seriousness, I think it's a cool jet. I guess I've been sitting reserve just a little too long.

Latest resources

Back