B1B Question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There's nothing wrong with wanting a bomber :D
Some people want the Bone because they've always wanted to fly it.
Some because they like the idea of flying with a crew and still being able to kill people and break their sh*t.
And some are smart enough to know that they didn't fair well in the single seat environment and/or high G arena and chose the bomber option.
It's easy for anyone to say they want to be a fighter pilot but these guys (bomber dudes) sampled a little of that environment (T-38 track) and made their choice...or the Air Force made it for them.

One more thing...

One more thing I might throw in as for why someone would choose a bomber over a fighter...

Home life. Though bombers do deploy more now then they used to back in the N-word days (in the S-command)...it's still fairly rare by fighter standards. In the flying USAF of now, just about the only job where you are home more than a bomber guy is a AETC SUPT IP.

If the guy is married (or has a serious girlfriend :rolleyes: ) that may be entering his crosscheck. I can tell you when I was young and single I wanted to fly fighters in the worst way, but hey, sometimes you just can't get there from here. Now, being married, and planning on kids in a year...fighters aren't really for me anymore...

I must admit a part of me misses dropping iron...9 miles a minute at 400 feet...flying one of the coolest looking airplanes ever...

Ah, yes, the good ol' days...oh wait, mobility, shots, ORI, NSI, generations, ALO...what? Okay, maybe not...

Fly Safe!

FastCargo

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back