• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

B1900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The B1900 is a rocking chair compared to the JunkScream. Anyone who has put in there time on the J31/32 can be considered a hero in my book............

If there are two things the Brits don't do very well, it's design and build autos and airplanes. However, if you can fly the "lead-sled" on instruments, you can fly ANYTHING with wings on it.

Last edited:
junkscream

i think as an FO, it seemed more challenging at first during cruise because many a captain would secretly keep activating the wings boots on me!

on the beech, there definitely should have been an airspeed associated with the gear horn. otherwise, "silence the horn should be incorporated into every approach checklist...when flying the line and not the sim profiles of course.

silence the horn .......that is so true. Then when you go push the button.....it's way over there, another stupid idea. I always thought the go around button on the throttle should be the horn silencer button. Not having an APU is not cool either. I also love when you go to take off and the engines don't come up evenly...that makes you look so good. The EFIS is a cool thing though,something that you would think the plane wouldn't have. The speed cards i think are kinda a waste. The #'s only change like a fraction of what you can read off your airspeed indicator....not only that, but as you call the speeds out.....the CA and FO's indicators are usually not reading the same anyway. And then you have the altimeters, aren't they always reading equal. Not. We can fly with the door open. I think it is kinda cool that the passenger sitting behind me can see what's going on. Sometimes they are so interested. I like hearing their questions. Something that you won't get at pretty much every other airline.

Hi,

A fun thing to do in the summer is start two and then feather with a cutie wearing a short skirt while going up the airstair. The plume of air will blow up her skirt.

I'm going to go against the crowd and saying that I think the D is more stable than the C. I could actually trim the D. The record that I have for hands off flying in the C is 8 seconds. Then again, the Cs that I flew were beaten and the Ds were brand new.
It was definitely nice to fly a plane with enough power that you never worried about overloading.
When doing 13 leg days, an autopilot would have been nice, but you do become the best pilot that you can possibly be. Good memories except for pulling out the diapers from the seatbacks.

on the beech, there definitely should have been an airspeed associated with the gear horn. otherwise, "silence the horn should be incorporated into every approach checklist...when flying the line and not the sim profiles of course.

It wouldn't be so bad if they all came on where they should. The book says 86-88%.. I've seen them come on as high as 95 and as low as 75.

I also love when you go to take off and the engines don't come up evenly

Hold the brakes until the props come up on the governors... won't have that problem anymore.

The speed cards i think are kinda a waste. The #'s only change like a fraction of what you can read off your airspeed indicator....not only that, but as you call the speeds out

Welcome to part 121 flying.

And then you have the altimeters, aren't they always reading equal. Not.

That can be a pain... I was glad I was an instructor and didn't have a problem flying off the CPTs panel when I was an FO.

I would agree with most everything previously stated above. Great airplane, easy to fly, and most of all fun. (a true pilots airplane). Barber Pole to six dme power to idle to meet the speed restriction of 200 by 5 dme and land effortlessly and make taxiway of choice.
Only complaint is slowing for alleghany (? spelling) on what seems like a daily occurence. Guess all I am saying is its realitively fast for a turboprop, but remember props are for boats!
Last point, seems like Beech drivers always stick together and there is a shared respect from all present and past 1900 guys and gals.

No only the 1900D has the Collins EFIS tubes. The 1900D is a great plane to fly. As previously mentioned the only plane that I've flown " barber pole to the marker" power to idle and cruise right on down the ILS to a text book landing. Have fun you'll enjoy it if you get the chance.

Latest resources

Back