B-1's to boneyard?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i've personally seen them there along with some fa-18s. very disappointing

The first B-1Bs were in some ways "hand made" until they had all the kinks ironed out of the production line, so those first ones were all a little bit different from each other apparently, and harder to maintain.

We've got a retired one at the museum on base. Along with an SR-71. Cool museum. (Hill AFB)

Jafar said:
We've got a retired one at the museum on base. Along with an SR-71. Cool museum. (Hill AFB)

Also has really good food at the dining facility! :D

satpak77 said:
was checking out some pics on Airliners.Net and realized we have some B-1's in the boneyard. I thought those planes still had lots of life left in them...

comments?

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/915866/L/

Ah, I can hear the call at the duty desk right now, "Sir, 056 is crew ready!"

You know you're getting old when airplanes you have flown start showing up on a stick at the front gate of the base. I've flown the F-16A that's up on a stick in Creechs' Ghost Squadron at Langley AFB.:(

F16TJ said:
Ah, I can hear the call at the duty desk right now, "Sir, 056 is crew ready!"

You know you're getting old when airplanes you have flown start showing up on a stick at the front gate of the base. I've flown the F-16A that's up on a stick in Creechs' Ghost Squadron at Langley AFB.:(

Ditto for me with the AC-130As at Warner Robins' Museum and the Air Force Museum as well as a few gate guards here and there. I was also the crew chief on the F-111 in the WR museum.

As for planes in the Boneyard, you will more often than not see relatively new addtions to the fleet there. These are usually the prototypes/testbeds that either get worn out early or are too expensive to mod up to line specs. I can recall seeing F-15s, -16s, and A-10s in there in '84.

Latest resources

Back