Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rtmcfi

Source: Commercial Aviation Today

In a regulatory filing, US Airways and America West unveiled how their post-merger investor base will look, with outside investors controlling an increased 49% of the company -- up from the current 41 percent.

According to a report from the New York Times, Wellington Management of Boston will be the merged company's biggest shareolder, with a 14.8 percent stake. The company also reportedly is the biggest shareholder in Continental and Northwest and the second largest shareholder in American Airlines' parent.

Air Wisconsin will be the second biggest owner with a 13.6 percent stake, the U.S. Air Transportation Stabilization Board (ATSB) will own 11.2 percent and the U.S. Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation will own at least five percent. PAR Investment Partners of Boston and Peninsula Investment Partners of Virginia reportedly will hold smaller stakes.

America West shareholders reportadly will hold 38 percent of the new company, US Airways creditors will get about 12 percent and US Airways pilots, through their union, will also recieve a stake.

I hope it turns out well for Air Wisconsin. Historically a very well run airline with happier than average employees (granted, the average is quite low). To have them doing a large part of US Airways jet feed will be a significant competitive advantage. Good luck to all the pilots that have to turn their lives upside down with the new bases.

Now granted, Air Wisconsin don't offer the BEST AVIATION PRODUCT IN THE ENTIRE WORLD like ExpressJet does, and God help you if you take any food out of a CHQ FO's kid's mouth. Hee hee.

OH BOY! IT'S ON NOW MO-FO!

(I'll start with Cotex's PFT program.)

YOU GUYS OFFER THE BEST PRODUCT THAT YOUR SENIOR GUYS COULD AFFORD TO PAY!!!!

...your turn.

S.

Beechnut said:
OH BOY! IT'S ON NOW MO-FO!

(I'll start with Cotex's PFT program.)

YOU GUYS OFFER THE BEST PRODUCT THAT YOUR SENIOR GUYS COULD AFFORD TO PAY!!!!

...your turn.

S.

With all the guys going to CAL, I don't think there are many pft guys left at XJT. I don't think anyone has payed since early 99. Some guys here don't even know that Coex was once a pft operation. Wasn't ASA also a pft operation back in 1999?

Latest resources

Back