Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citdrver

Hey folks,

Just wondering if there is any more news on the United Express front? Is a new carrier going to be thrown into the mix, or will a bidding war start with the results being a smaller carrier with less pay and benefits for the pilots to sustain a lower bidded price?

Just wondering if there is any news

Be Good and Fly Safe!

Yes, a new carrier is coming. United already announced they were taking bids to bring in another carrier. The question is if it'll be a fourth carrier or a third that will replace an existing carrier. Who knows if AirWis will keep their contract with UAL, the decision will be made in the next few months. If we (AirWis) do stay as UAX, who knows if the Company will ask the pilots for concessions. My guess is: At best, if AirWis stays a UAL carrier, our growth won't go much faster than it is now.

Who Knows
Who Knows
Who Knows

I don't.

Anyone that pretends to know for sure on this board is full of crap.

S.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate the honest reply! Would you still recomend AWAC for guys looking for work??

Thanks

Just an uneducated guess that ACA probably has the most to fear of flying reductions. With the United/USair codeshare and the amount of RJ's that USair has on order (J4J Mesa,Chq,Midway etc. etc) all flying on the east coast. ACA will see the brunt of changes. Everyone is affected in the long run though.

Just because United is taking bids does not mean another carrier is forthcoming. It would seem to be an ideal bargaining tool to bring to the table, however.

United: We have an airline who has pilots willing to fly for food stamps...can you beat their contract?

AWAC: Uh oh...I guess we can now.

Taking bids from other carriers may or may not mean much.

Seems like a 4th or 5th or 10th UAX won't matter at all when the Bank of UAL runs dry. How long can UAX go without getting paid for their services. Scary time to have anything to do with United.......

Latest resources

Back