• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awac

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It used to be a great place to work at one time. Great bunch of people to fly with(most). When they closed Denver (CRJ) base, and a bunch of us had to commute to IAD from the west coast....it went downhill...quick. The service was pretty bad too...but I hear it is improving. Good luck willy pilots!

Crossky said:
We've been fat on ORD FO's ever since I've been there (1.5 yrs) and I can't ever remember being extended or jr. manned (2.5 yrs.) or seeing it done to a CA.

Not for a Captain!! That would be nice!! I get a call almost every week from them trying to JM me as they "don't have any RSV Captains left". It's cheaper to pay FO's than upgrade and pay Captains - every cent counts at the moment.

Our crew planning dept says that ORD is right where it needs to be (yet they still JM captains every week) and IAD is supposedly understaffed on captains. Last newhire class was just awarded ATW FO res.

rightrudder and rottweiller, well sorry guys, I've got vacation this month and haven't been around much, every pilot has a ready excuse for a bad landing ya know? Didn't know the JMing and extending was happening like that for CA's.

I did actually read the MEC email but I'll check it again, I don't remember it sounding good. Morale is low but I'm trying to remain optimistic, our crewroom is acidic, negativity spreads much easier that optimism you know. The couches are full at ORD and the Feb schedules are the worst for commuters I've ever seen. The I'm a relatively high FO so I was able to bid a good line so to speak, and I'm ready to upgrade, so I'm on your side to stop the abuse.

From an anti-union song by the Aussie band The Living End:
"We'll roll on with our heads held high
our conscience in the gutter
our dreams up in the sky"

rightrudder said:
... our union reps state that management says things don't look real good. MEC is in A town right now for a two day emergency meeting with management.

That's because people at the top of your union are taking manila envelopes filled with cash from management.

Wow, amazing how it's so clear to everyone except those getting the ol' bula-bula. Is that another concessionary 'rush vote' I smell around the corner.
Maybe management is now recovering from the shock of how easily the pilot group was spooked and see the time is right to hit the well again.

Air Wisconsin is not in danger of closing it's doors. It never was! So what if ZW loses UAL. GOOD! They'll find another airline to feed off before the UAL contract even ends. This business is not about UAL & ZW, or ZW vs. other lower bidding competition. This is about men at the top who are literally stuffing their pockets at the professional pilots' expense...and why should'nt they? You let them, Cheese Farts!

Last edited:
Crossky said:
The I'm a relatively high FO so I was able to bid a good line so to speak, and I'm ready to upgrade, so I'm on your side to stop the abuse.

From an anti-union song by the Aussie band The Living End:
"We'll roll on with our heads held high
our conscience in the gutter
our dreams up in the sky"

Oops, coffee hadn't kicked in yet. I meant I've got pretty good seniority as an FO and it's a pro-union song.

crashpad said:
That's because people at the top of your union are taking manila envelopes filled with cash from management.

This is about men at the top who are literally stuffing their pockets at the professional pilots' expense...and why should'nt they? You let them, Cheese Farts!

You wait until we get involved in this thread to flame bait you loser. There's a small chance that ATW domicile and MEC might have a union conspiracy of some sort but there are no rumors and no facts to support your totally unfounded accusation, STEP DOWN!

If you're going to resort to name calling like that, where did you fly the CRJ, MESA, you PFTing loser? And how exactly did we 'let them' do that? Our management hasn't whispered one word about more concessions to us, and most all of us would "rather suck the infected pus out of a dead pig's a$$ than work for less" in the words of a recently resigned AWAC FO.

crashpad said:
Air Wisconsin is not in danger of closing it's doors. It never was! So what if ZW loses UAL. GOOD! They'll find another airline to feed off before the UAL contract even ends. This business is not about UAL & ZW, or ZW vs. other lower bidding competition. This is about men at the top who are literally stuffing their pockets at the professional pilots' expense...and why should'nt they? You let them, Cheese Farts!
Ouch.....actually AWAC has one of the best contracts out there.....that's why we're a target. Before posting at least know what you're talking about.

Now Im 200% more interested in this, I just got a call for a class today. Anybody know when your supose to know somthing? From what they told us at the interview, United keeps pushing the date back that they will accept offers untill. Do you know how long the current contract is good untill (or would it be terminated right away if UAL so desires due to their bankrupcy).

thanks

Latest resources

Back