Awac

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
movingviolation said:
Now Im 200% more interested in this, I just got a call for a class today. Anybody know when your supose to know somthing? From what they told us at the interview, United keeps pushing the date back that they will accept offers untill. Do you know how long the current contract is good untill (or would it be terminated right away if UAL so desires due to their bankrupcy).

thanks
Those are all questions we would like to have answered also. AWAC is not in a good position right now. I wouldn't leave a job that you like or flys turbine equipment unless you know you can go back to it. If you don't have airline or turbine experience and don't have anything else lined up why not jump in and learn something. It could work out OK we just don't know at this point.

Well, I figure it beats bouncing around in a 310 full of freight at night. I'm anxious to see what happens, I really want to work here, I'd hate to see the chance evaporate before my eyes after I get this close.

They are saying the Feb. 7th class is full, and I will more than likely be in one in late Feb. or early March. Hopefully it all works out, I can't see them running classes like this if they thought it was going to fall appart.

I think that you are making the right move. Even if UAL (the black widow of aviation) gets rid of us it wll probably take at least 9 months to a year. I doubt that you would get furloughed as people will be jumping off this ship like it is the titanic. Getting a 121 program under your belt will make you more marketable.

movingviolation said:
Hopefully it all works out, I can't see them running classes like this if they thought it was going to fall appart.

Be careful of that line of reasoning. I sure hope that AWAC stays in business but don't equate classes with staying in business.

I bet that there are a few people around this board who can regale you with stories of companies hiring right up to the very end.

Guitar Guy said:
Be careful of that line of reasoning. I sure hope that AWAC stays in business but don't equate classes with staying in business.

I bet that there are a few people around this board who can regale you with stories of companies hiring right up to the very end.
Excellent point. One difference with AWAC is that they will tell you the truth about the situation. They do not callously hire just to let you go if they don't need you. It sounds like the turbine experience and 121 time, even if it's only a little, would be helpful to your resume. Give it a shot and good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back