• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Awac

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A bit of a surprise to me, looking at July list, DCA and PHL actually have the most junior FOs, so a new hire could probably get either one of those.

Qol just like anything else in this world, the place is what you make of it. Once you get your line, those days are what you can expect to fly PERIOD. Nothing in the way of swapping or trading. But trips usually have one end commuteable.

Training is very good, but sometimes tedious. The level of knowledge expected is more than you need. But AQP is in place, so take that for what it is worth.

Expansion/contraction. If I were to guess, awwww hell who knows...this place plays their cards really close to their chest. I have been there 7+ years, and we have stayed status quo. Some like to point out that in that time other regionals have grown, but at the same time, others have disappeared. roll the dice, at the end of the day Awac is no more or less secure than anyone else. If I had to guess though, the strongest point is that they are sitting on Mounds of cash, and while no one knows for sure, I would put it at the most <I>financially</I> stable regional in the country. Not that that necessarily means anything to pilot job security.

The pilot group is really good, you have your standard 10% guys you would rather not fly with, or stop your car if you saw them in a crosswalk, but I think the same could be said for any pilot group.

Best of luck to you.

A bit of a surprise to me, looking at July list, DCA and PHL actually have the most junior FOs, so a new hire could probably get either one of those.

Qol just like anything else in this world, the place is what you make of it. Once you get your line, those days are what you can expect to fly PERIOD. Nothing in the way of swapping or trading. But trips usually have one end commuteable.

Training is very good, but sometimes tedious. The level of knowledge expected is more than you need. But AQP is in place, so take that for what it is worth.

Expansion/contraction. If I were to guess, awwww hell who knows...this place plays their cards really close to their chest. I have been there 7+ years, and we have stayed status quo. Some like to point out that in that time other regionals have grown, but at the same time, others have disappeared. roll the dice, at the end of the day Awac is no more or less secure than anyone else. If I had to guess though, the strongest point is that they are sitting on Mounds of cash, and while no one knows for sure, I would put it at the most <I>financially</I> stable regional in the country. Not that that necessarily means anything to pilot job security.

The pilot group is really good, you have your standard 10% guys you would rather not fly with, or stop your car if you saw them in a crosswalk, but I think the same could be said for any pilot group.

Best of luck to you.

The most financially secure.... and with private ownership. Those mounds of cash belong to 6 people. These are guys that made BILLIONS with your US Airways deal... since they are not public there is no reason to reinvest their money unless they believe they can make many more BILLIONS. How many regional airlines are making Billions of dollars a year? While they might be financially secure, that in no way, shape, or form, means anything to the longevity of AWAC as a company.

I doubt the "6" realy want to drop $$coin$$ on new airplanes. Just don't see them going into any long term debt... But then again you never know.. Secure yes.. Growth.., not likely...

It could be in the owners' best interest to finance more flying a secure another long term contract. It's not like they can just cash out, cut, and run.

Shutting down a company, especially an airline, is extremely expensive and they would lose a significant amount of capital in the process.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back