Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWAC info

mr roper said:
crew bases? Right now, ORD DEN ATW and a year from now DCA PHL and one more on the east coast, maybe CLT or PIT.

pay during training? Yes

1st year pay? 23/hour

2nd year pay? 33/hour

QOL? Depends on where you live. If you don't mind the east coast it isn't too bad. Don't expect to uprade for a while however, they are telling new-hires 6-8 years.

overall outlook? They may do well with this new USAir thing, but all airlines futures don't look so good.

thanx in advance!!

I hope this helps.

Bohnzai

adding just a little

no perdiem till you get out of the sim

2 classes scheduled for this summer but then we will have no sim space because of 146 retraining till around Oct

no furloughs even with 17 less a/c because of increased utilization

pay may go back to original rates if grievence is won that works out to be like 26 first year and 36 second year

not bidding on any expansion till U gets out of Bankrupsy

DASHDRIVER said:
adding just a little

no perdiem till you get out of the sim

2 classes scheduled for this summer but then we will have no sim space because of 146 retraining till around Oct

no furloughs even with 17 less a/c because of increased utilization

pay may go back to original rates if grievence is won that works out to be like 26 first year and 36 second year

not bidding on any expansion till U gets out of Bankrupsy

your pay rates are a little off, if we get the old rates back. THEY WOULD BE AS OF 8/1/04
25.00 FIRST YEAR
37.69 SECOND YEAR

AS OF 8/1/05
25.50 FIRST YEAR
39.39 SECOND YEAR

We were due to renegotiate this sept., so if we win the grievence who knows. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Not sure where you heard we would not bid on expansion until U gets out of bankrupsy, but nobody in mangement has every said that. Then again with our managment they never say anything.

$40/hr second year pay ain't chicken scratch! I'm telling you AWAC is the way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future...

Yeah, getting the old contract back and making $45 an hour as an FO would make getting displaced from CA a little easier to swallow, if it comes to that.

Both parties need to agree to open negotiations for that to happen

The union may simply not elect to enter into Section 6 negotiations at this time. The contract was signed on 9/11/2001 ( How's that for being born under a bad sign) and is ammendable on 9/11/2005. But again, if either party does not want to open the contract to negotiations, then it stays the status quo.

Hopefully, the grievance will be decided in our favor. The union has a pretty strong case.

Rekks

'SHOW ME THE RETRO!'

Rekks Inbound said:
The union has a pretty strong case.

What is their case? Please bring me back in the loop.
the way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future...

crashpad said:
What is their case? Please bring me back in the loop.
the way of the future...the way of the future...the way of the future...

The concessionary contract was to go into effect when AWAC had a contract with UAL for continued flying as per contracts pre-amble. Company said we did have a contract and took our money from us and applied concessonary contract.

Now UAL in their court filing to can AWAC said that (in several places) although they (UAL) had agreed to a contract with AWAC in principle they (UAL) never affirmed or assumed the contract with AWAC and had been paying the old contract rates to AWAC and thus after doing the RFP's was able to replace AWAC with no contract penalties as they didn't have a contract with AWAC.

Latest resources

Back