AWAC News

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Titan5

Just heard from Kristi in pilot recruitment today. The January classes that everyone has talked about aren't going to happen. She said the training department called her yesterday and told her the next class will be Feb 3. No word on how many or what type A/C.

Something else interesting to note. She told me that just because you were "hired" in October or November doesn't mean you are in the top of the hiring pool. The training department determines who will be placed in the class and that doesn't always follow chronological order according to your interview date. She will update everyone in the pool again on January 16. I guess some news is better than no news. Hapy Holidays!

Ok here is the deal as told to us last week in recurrent ground. A class in Jan for the 146. Now it wasn't mentioned if it wer going to be staffed by new hires or displacement. As for the pool thing I am really on the outside looking in on that one but what worked for me was to call and let them know that if anyone faked on a class date that I could fill in with no advance notice, it worked like a charm as I was called two days later with a class date two months earlier, aaaaah seniority is EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!

WD.

I would second what Trickdaddy said.

Don't commit if you cant follow through but they could easily have a last minute spot open up and you could be the lucky one. We were supposed to have 12 in our class and guess what, only 11 showed up. We surmised he found out the whole class was going to the dornier and wanted the jet so he held out for a later class. Who knows.

It's worth a shot.

Latest resources

Back