Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wannabe22

Livin' The Dream
Does anyone have any info on how many Air Wisconsin is interviewing/ hiring? Any info would be greatly appreciated.......

WB.......

Be carefull about what you post here. The C.P. trolls these boards on a regular basis looking for people who ask about gouge. He looks at your FI profile and past posts and pieces together your information. He then compares your information to who is coming to interview. So more than likely he will know who you are and your interview will be harsh. Sounds dumb but thats what he does. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I don't know why he cares but thats his personality- seems that a guy going the extra effort to do well in the interview would be a good thing.
I would think hard about if AWAC is where you absolutely want to be. I had some good irons in the fire but took the position because they were the first to offer, I wish I had not.
Also heres something to think about. One of the first recent new hire classes had several Mesa guys in it. Our instructor said they had a hard time in class. The next class had zero Mesa pilots in it. I personally interviewed with a Mesa guy who seemd like a o.k. dude but didn't get hired.
PM me and I will give you everything I know.
Good luck.

Last edited:
I would think hard about if AWAC is where you absolutely want to be. I had some good irons in the fire but took the position because they were the first to offer, I wish I had not.
Good luck.

With NO Training Contract why do you stick around?

Please resign...we don't need your kind here.

Also heres something to think about. One of the first recent new hire classes had several Mesa guys in it. Our instructor said they had a hard time in class.

thats just mesa training. don't worry about it. One guy was telling me his CA was asking him how to fly the CRJ-200 and he didn't know how to either because he hadn't flown it in like 8 months. scary

Be carefull about what you post here. The C.P. trolls these boards on a regular basis looking for people who ask about gouge. He looks at your FI profile and past posts and pieces together your information. He then compares your information to who is coming to interview. So more than likely he will know who you are and your interview will be harsh. Sounds dumb but thats what he does. I just wanted to give you a heads up. I don't know why he cares but thats his personality- seems that a guy going the extra effort to do well in the interview would be a good thing.

I'm guessing he does it out of boredom. I mean, he lives in Appleton, Wisconsin. What else is there to do?

Hi!

In WI there is lots of deer hunting, also..you can use a shotgun, rifle, or your car. I've gotten two with my car.

cliff
GRB

Hello,
I did some searching and couldn't find anything on currency requirements.
Does Air Wisconsin require a certain amount of time within the last 60, 90, 120 days?
I have about 3700tt and 800 multi, however I haven't flown much in the past year due to an attempted career change.
My previous job was flight instructing, Part 135 day VFR, and co-piloting in King Air's.
I'm willing to do what it takes to become curent again.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ken
http://forums.flightinfo.com/report.php?p=850027

From yesterdays "Weekly Wrap":

Staffing Update

As fall draws near, staffing models for the 1st quarter of 2011 are being analyzed. Currently, we have fifteen first officer candidates in our training “pipeline” with plans to start a new hire class of twelve additional candidates on September 27. The July 20 new hire class of ten pilots will be completing training and heading to full time line status this month. Subsequently, August 7 class of seven new hire pilots will be entering service in October. Any training plans beyond our September 27 class will be evaluated based on attrition as well as 2nd quarter 2011 flying levels as dictated by US Airways.
We have gotten a reasonable amount of certainty from US Airways regarding our January 2011 flying levels that preparations to run another upgrade vacancy are also in the works. Presently, the plan is to upgrade somewhere around six new captains in mid-November. This number is clearly subject to change depending upon attrition levels as well as pilots returning from leaves of absence.
Thus far in September, we have seen three captain and two first officer resignations and expect to see similar attrition rates through October with a decrease after that as many other companies reduce or halt their hiring through the holiday season. Next year’s attrition expectations are still being analyzed and will depend primarily on the speed of the recovery of the industry. Watch for updates in the near future in the form of a Vacancy Notice for both first officers and captains.

wow a company that looks ahead at staffing levels and anticipates attrition. what a concept! i'm not used to that type of thinking...

Latest resources

Back