• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

awac interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think philly is cheaper than orf. Since ive got an interview I have been looking at housing a bit juts to prepare for a move, if I get offered a job, since I dont want to commute and can afford to move and philly seems to have a bit cheaper housing than ORF. Saying that, I still would want ORF for other reasons. Also, how is seniority decided in class, DOB or SSN?

rjacobs said:
I think philly is cheaper than orf. Since ive got an interview I have been looking at housing a bit juts to prepare for a move, if I get offered a job, since I dont want to commute and can afford to move and philly seems to have a bit cheaper housing than ORF. Saying that, I still would want ORF for other reasons. Also, how is seniority decided in class, DOB or SSN?

No way is PHL cheaper to live in than ORF, I looked around the area for 3 months and couldnt find an apartment for under a grand for a 1 bedroom, no you CAN find cheaper, just make sure you go out and buy a bullet proof vest because in those neighborhoods you WILL need it, I finally found a place about an hour and 15 from the airport in a nice area, but still kinda expensive.....oh and seniority is by DOB

Seniority is by DOB, the older you are the better. I was hired this past January. I chose PHL, due to commutability and the fact it got me off Reserve the quickest. I only say RSV for a month and a half, now I am online. It's not a bad place, especially being ejected from another commuter. I only wish the schedules were a little better.

Well, I am hoping to buy a house, not rent anything, hoping is the key word, dont know if the finances will quite work out to do what I want, but.

its a secret. From what ive been told you have to have somebody walk your stuff in. They are hiring so few lately that they are only taking people recommended by people already there. Correct me if im wrong, but thats what ive been told.

Housing prices in philly are nuts! it will take 300k min to buy something livable. You can forget about new home prices unless you somehow are on old 13yr 146 pay yet. And have ever spent any time in PHL that place has the most rude people of anywhere I have lived/worked. Ya I dont live there or ever plan on it at this point. Good luck at Willy though.

Why don't you guys look into Southern NJ or DE? It's not that far and gets you away from the scum of philly? Just an idea.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back