• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWAC Captain sells out fellow pilots!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
People not still working for AWAC stand little to no chance of getting retro pay. Sorry, this is typical of negotiations. I worked for ASA for several years, and I KNOW I won't see a dime when the new contract is ratified.

Sucks, but that's reality. Don't count on your fellow pilots to sacrifice for people that aren't still on property, because history says they won't.

Talespin,

Come on you know the guy concerned and I'm pretty sure most AWACers do to. So, you should know that it is highly unlikely that hs views reflect the views of the rest of us.

The MEC has said time and time again that its either everyone made whole or no dice. Have a beer and then have another. He's not worth getting this worked up over.

Talespin,

Come on you know the guy concerned and I'm pretty sure most AWACers do to. So, you should know that it is highly unlikely that hs views reflect the views of the rest of us.

The MEC has said time and time again that its either everyone made whole or no dice. Have a beer and then have another. He's not worth getting this worked up over.

Noted.

I have a hard time with this guy sitting in any jump seat let alone an X fellow employee's jump seat who was just as damaged as this idiot, spewing this non-sense. He should keep his mouth shut, but I'm afraid he doesn't have the ability. Anyway I've slept on it, it's all good. Good luck to you guys. I've always said there are a lot of good people over there, with a few exceptions.

He should keep his mouth shut but he won't. AWAC has always been about the people but the odd one slips through the net, just like everywhere.

We want this cr@p settled as it's dragged on for far too long but if it's down to the pilots, no one will be strung out to dry. Past or present.

Tail Spin, two quick questions:

1. Why not post this at the company b!ch board for a more effective audience?
2. Do you really think C.F. would even entertain that idea?

I agree with you but maybe focused effort would produce effective pressure on the individual.

I agree with you but maybe focused effort would produce effective pressure on the individual.

He has said that everyone will get a cut. If the payout from the company is $50 bucks, then that $50 bucks would be divided up by ALPA to all pilots affected.

People not still working for AWAC stand little to no chance of getting retro pay. Sorry, this is typical of negotiations. I worked for ASA for several years, and I KNOW I won't see a dime when the new contract is ratified.

Sucks, but that's reality. Don't count on your fellow pilots to sacrifice for people that aren't still on property, because history says they won't.

You would be correct on normal contractually negotiated retro-pay, but this is a different situation. The AWAC case involves a grievance, not contract negotiations. Personally, if I was a member of the AWAC MEC, I would have DFR concerns about trying to sell out the former pilots in order to get faster resolution on a grievance. An MEC grievance that affects the entire pilot group affects everyone that was on the property at the time. I would be very surprised to see the MEC "sell out" the former pilots on this one.

Thats for sure. Just look at the AWA-AAA Nicolau Award. It goes both ways.

I don't work there any more and no I don't believe C.F. would.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back