Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

crashpad

"Why do you come to me?"
'He (AWAC Chief Pilot)stated that AWAC would likely open a pilot domicile in IAD by August, pending UAL’s firm decision on the allocation of flying. AWAC does still hold firm options and financing on an additional 20 CRJ’s, however as yet have not found anyone to operate them for. They are actively looking at doing just that, although he was unable to name any airlines with whom AWAC was negotiating.'

from the family:
AWAC will be in talks with ACAs' Independance Air next week to be the sole feeder for the new airline. Finally, a break from UAL and not a moment to soon! It's seems ACA and AWAC may get their revenge on the Big Blue Bowling Shoe.

Last edited:
Where did you get this information that AWAC would be feeding for Independance Air?

Doesn't ACA own pretty much all of their CRJs? Why would they have someone else fly for them when they already have the planes and pilots to do it themselves. It would make more sense to keep the pilots that they already have on those CRJs and have them do all of the flying for Indy Air.

Don't think I would believe this "rumor" you are talking about.

this info is certainly true. the entire awac operation is going to indy air express. starting in late summer there will be 40 flights a day to IAD-HGR. lowfares, here we come. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
From the ACA CBA:

"All scheduled airline revenue flying performed in or for revenue producing service of the
Company shall be performed by pilots on the Company Pilots’ System Seniority List and
supervisory pilots...."

I would not be surprised to see that portion of the contract disappear. In today's environment no pilot contract is secure.

From what I've heard, Air Wisconsin is coming to IAD to replace some ACA United Express flying and not feed Indy Air. Indy Air has enough resources to feed themselves. I've been wrong before but I don't buy the premise of this thread.

from the family:
AWAC will be in talks with ACAs' Independance Air next week to be the sole feeder for the new airline. Finally, a break from UAL and not a moment to soon! It's seems ACA and AWAC may get their revenge on the Big Blue Bowling Shoe.

* loud coughing noise* B U L L S H I T.

yeah,

this ones a bit of a stretch. Besides united has got an anticompetition clause on us against all of thier hub sities.

DD

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back