Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA hiring US Airways furloughed pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TWA Dude said:
The new airline does not abrogate their recall rights. That's a false rumor. The furloughees will be recalled when we start hiring again. The Transition Agreement will dictate the terms but I would expect them to receive longevity pay and a seniority number at the bottom. When the combined seniority list integration is complete it's theoretically possible that their number could be adjusted but I don't anticipate that happening.

Just some points in general to both sides: no pilot here is "entitled" to any job. The airline owns the flying, not the pilots. None of us deserves anything less than the best we can negotiate. If a USA guy says he wants a DOH integration I take no offense because that's merely a bargaining position. AWA is the financially better-off carrier but as I preached during the TWA/AA integration I don't believe a pilot's worth is determined by the financial health of his employer. Recognizing that each side has very different opinions as to what constitutes fairness I suspect it will come down to the arbitrator and come what may we'll have to accept it. As always the bitterness will last forever for some but most of us will deal with it and move forward.

BAH! Where did you get that attitude? Certainly not from me. I clearly failed you in your apprenticeship as an airline pilot. Where's the rancor, the bitterness, the drive to screw your fellow pilots?

At this point, I don't even think you CAN be rehabilitated. A sad loss--so much potential, wasted. ;) :D TC

KeroseneSnorter said:
I would guess you will see some pretty long fences built up around the international flying, given the precidents set in the previous mergers.

Of course, all this is speculation.

Why does everybody make such a big deal about the international widebody flying? Hmmm....if it paid better than $144 an hour it might be interesting.........nope it would still suck.

Fly-n-hi and Hawkered.

Why so bitter? Don't let your attitudes ruin your next 20 years; this is only a job. Most of the AAA guys/gals have no control over this process, and neither have you. Spewing venom on this board does absolutely nothing to make this merger successful.

AA717driver said:
I clearly failed you in your apprenticeship as an airline pilot.
TC: I thought you were in Rangoon or Ouagadougou or sumthin with that shiny G-VII jet. Sat-phone dial-up internet must be great. It's only after two years of intensive Michael Moore therapy that I'm fully recovered from your indoctrination, er, apprenticeship. You had me convinced that you were the original "compassionate conservative" and the Dubya had stolen the label from you. I just don't know what to believe anymore. Time for another Yuengling. Peace up, bro.

Guppiedriver said:
Why does everybody make such a big deal about the international widebody flying? Hmmm....if it paid better than $144 an hour it might be interesting.........nope it would still suck.

Funny, I was thinking the same thing. I thought flying widebody Int'l would be the ticket until I did a 7hr JFK to SAN FRAN last winter and realized that my A$$ has a six hour capacity sticker on it . Absolutly no desire to be in a a/c that long, I don't care if you do have bunkies it just too dam long...

WD.

Unless the combined airline does something miraculous to produce a profit with oil at $65-$70/barrel many of us may choose not to come back.

I wish everyone the best, but unless the new US Airways is setting the world on fire I have no interest in being someone else's furlough insurance again.

I really hope you guys are able to pull it off and kick some butt!!!

(for those of you in the pool, don't lose hope. The number of people who accept a recall from the new US Airways may be much, much smaller than you imagine)

AA717driver said:
BAH! Where did you get that attitude? Certainly not from me. I clearly failed you in your apprenticeship as an airline pilot. Where's the rancor, the bitterness, the drive to screw your fellow pilots?

At this point, I don't even think you CAN be rehabilitated. A sad loss--so much potential, wasted. ;) :D TC

Wait, I think I can bring him back from the touchy-feely abyss.........

TWA Dude, just chant with me....

"APA is my union"........"K-Mart and Nordstroms"......."Hot Dog vendors"................"Two great airlines, one great future".......

Does that bring it all back for you?

NorskAir said:
Fly-n-hi and Hawkered.

Why so bitter? Don't let your attitudes ruin your next 20 years; this is only a job. Most of the AAA guys/gals have no control over this process, and neither have you. Spewing venom on this board does absolutely nothing to make this merger successful.

There is no hatred.

Just the other day, when the new US Airways plane was flying thru LAS/PHX we had some US Airways FO start telling us how he was looking forward to bidding into PHX and upgrading, etc...no lie. He wasn't being mean spirited, I don't think. The CA and a couple of other AAA pilots wouldn't even acknowledge that we were there. Maybe you should be talking to these guys.

Now I don't get a chance to talk to too many AAA guys, and I don't believe they are all like these particular ones, but my message goes out to those types.

I'm not spewing venom. The truth is that any type of job offer with original longevity is completely generous. You don't think so?? Is this a hateful attitude??

Also the truth is that AWA is in much better shape than US Airways. AWA would most likely be fine without the merger. The same cannot be said for US Airways. This is common sense. So for a US Airways pilot to tell me how things should be is a bit rediculous. Having said that...I don't know any AWA pilot who wants to "hose" the US Air pilots (yes there might be a few out there).

Don't let my attitude ruin the next 20 years?? I have 30 years left and I don't want to those 30 years to to be dreadful. I do a fine job keeping this stuff at home and out of the cockpit. Besides, be it right or wrong, I can tell you that there will be a US Airways/AWA division for the next 20 years. Just ask the Piedmont, PSA, Republic, TWA, Western, National, and Pan Am people.

I can honestly say that I have prayed that US Airways, along with other struggling airlines, would find a way to survive (You can ask God when you meet him to see if that's true). I don't want people, especially those with families, loose their jobs. I don't hate US Airways, but I don't want their survival to come at my expense, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with this attitude.

Latest resources

Back