Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AWA hiring US Airways furloughed pilots?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rudderdog said:
Double check that old union rep generated message.....It really was K-Mart and Nordstroms.

I guess I am getting senial in my early thirties! Is that message still lying around?

Fly-n-hi said:
There is no hatred.

Just the other day, when the new US Airways plane was flying thru LAS/PHX we had some US Airways FO start telling us how he was looking forward to bidding into PHX and upgrading, etc...no lie. He wasn't being mean spirited, I don't think. The CA and a couple of other AAA pilots wouldn't even acknowledge that we were there. Maybe you should be talking to these guys.

Now I don't get a chance to talk to too many AAA guys, and I don't believe they are all like these particular ones, but my message goes out to those types.

So one guy says something out of line and now you hate the entire group. Please. It's like judging an entire pilot group or company based on a handful nuckleheads that post on this board. If you can gain access to the archives on the ALPA message board go back to the proposed UAL/US merger. It was down right shameful what a few had to say. Don't be sucked in by the rumors or crew room fodder. Believe me it's a waste of your time. You have little or no control. My best to all.

fifty30retard said:
So one guy says something out of line and now you hate the entire group. Please. It's like judging an entire pilot group or company based on a handful nuckleheads that post on this board. If you can gain access to the archives on the ALPA message board go back to the proposed UAL/US merger. It was down right shameful what a few had to say. Don't be sucked in by the rumors or crew room fodder. Believe me it's a waste of your time. You have little or no control. My best to all.

Can you read??? In my post...the one you just quoted...I said that I don't believe all the US Airways pilots are like that.

Don't accuse me of hating anyone you jerk. You don't know me. I never said I hated them.

It was a personal encouter, not some nucklehead who posts on the internet. For all I know those guys could have been on their merger/negotiating committee so I think that I have a right to be concerned.

I think the merger seniority will turn into one big cess pool. You only have to see the calibre of communications from the USAir guys on this board to know that.

Is that your vast experience talking? In order for this thing to be cohesive, a little less swagger and a little more humility would serve you well. You have absolutely no idea what's going to happen...just like the rest of us. So sit back and enjoy the ride and please stop trying to convince us of your strong financial strength. We're not buying.
Fly-n-hi said:
For the furloughed AAA pilots to get a job at the bottom of the list with previous longevity is more than generous. Maybe they've been at AAA for 15 years...but that includes 5 to 6 years or more of being furloughed.

As for US Airways flying A330's and 767's...so what??? They can keep 'em. Put fences up...I don't care. We'll be flying the A350's when they come anyways.

Everyone needs to understand this: America West is stonger of the two carriers. US Airways is not going to dictate terms to us.

TWA Dude and Cactus...Haven't posted in awhile but I'm glad to see that both of you are still the voice of reason..
Cactus73 said:
TWA Dude, We can always count on you for a voice of reason when the argument gets heated. I agree with absolutely everything you said!!

For the others,

How many times do we have to say that the name of the company means NOTHING. There are no wrenches, curve balls, etc...by calling our new company USAirway's. The name is actually being assigned to the merger of America West Holdings and the Barbell Corporation which holds custodialship over the USAirway's Group in this transaction. If you are bored, they just put out a few hundred page prospectus on the merger that you can read. It explains the transaction in great detail.

The Company and both MEC's have agreed to hire pilots from the US Airway's furlough list before taking from the pool. The terms aren't public but our MEC did put out a blastmail stating that the off the street pool guys are basically out of luck. There will be NO true new hires at US Airway's or AWA for many years.
The details of the furloughed pilots return is unknown by us line people, and any statements regarding pay, seniority, etc...are pure speculation.

It seems that the AAA guys forgot that AWA operated 747's for a few YEARS. I have flown with many captains that flew the 747's. To say that these guys never had a hope of flying wide bodied equipment again is just pure speculation again. You would have to be a fly on the wall of the AWA BOD to truly know future fleet plans.
Should you be fenced off 757 Hawaii flying because you didn't bring it to the table?

Fences can be dangerous. Careful what you wish for. Most guys don't want your 330/767 flying.

Back to the original topic. The furloughed pilots of AAA will be considered at the newco before any poolies or off the street hires. That is all we know.

FYI! There's always going to be some idiot like the guy saying he's going to have the United guys beneath him..for the other 90% of us..we never even thought it, let alone said it. And what exactly are we not getting? Are you saying that AWA has never been in bankruptcy before? As far as our safety record is concerned..blow it out your a$$! We had a terrible run in the late 80's and early 90's. Two could be directly related to us..the other 3 not so. The last one occured in 1992. People died, not that that seems to bother you. Like I said earlier, the guy that made the comment about United was an idiot! Sounds to me like your headed down that path as well.
Hawkered said:
Arrrgh.. the USAirways..you owe me..attitude bites again!!!

Weren't you the guys running around with date of hire sh!t when you were jumpseating on United a few years ago saying those captains on shiny metal would be "beneath you", when Wolfe completed his United beat up?

Don't you guys ever friggin' get it?!!

You're broke, always have been and always will be.

Your safety record sucks, the attitude of your staff sucks, you've operated about 17 different aircraft types in the last ten years and changed management like socks. You don't have a defined route structure anywhere West of Pittsburgh and you all cry about how hard life is.

How 'bout you guys learn a lesson in life called humility and thank Parker for even considering contemplating the nightmare he is bringing on himself and his entire staff at AWA?

The alternative is, "Would you like fries with that?"

Fly-n-hi said:
Can you read??? In my post...the one you just quoted...I said that I don't believe all the US Airways pilots are like that.

Don't accuse me of hating anyone you jerk. You don't know me. I never said I hated them.

It was a personal encouter, not some nucklehead who posts on the internet. For all I know those guys could have been on their merger/negotiating committee so I think that I have a right to be concerned.

There you have it. Fly-n-hi is a moody chick.

TWA Dude said:
Just some points in general to both sides: no pilot here is "entitled" to any job. The airline owns the flying, not the pilots. None of us deserves anything less than the best we can negotiate. If a USA guy says he wants a DOH integration I take no offense because that's merely a bargaining position.

da*^ you man...everytime I say I am gonna leave this board for good you restore the faith.

Latest resources

Back