Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Cactus73 said:
They can already ride upfront on us.

but are they CASS - I am a SWA guy who can occasionally use them, a seat up front would be nice ....

NYCPilot said:
got a question...

Is it common at all for the Captain to permit an upgrade from coach to 1st class for a fellow aviator. I'm talking about a CFI or commerical pilot other than a 121 guy.

No, it is not common at all. And even less common for someone to ask. But if you're real nice, they might let you come up and see the flight deck after the plane has landed and is at the gate. And maybe you can get a pair of airline wings too!

Whale Rider said:
Kool Deal! Another way around!:D

Here's my current CASS list:

Miss Anyone??

The Aloha MEC is reporting that Aloha is now CASS approved.

rightrudder said:
No, it is not common at all. And even less common for someone to ask. But if you're real nice, they might let you come up and see the flight deck after the plane has landed and is at the gate. And maybe you can get a pair of airline wings too!

Thanks rightrudder. Some CFI I once chatted with had this happen to him on a long haul, east to West. I would feel mildly foolish if I burdened the pilot with such a request but I think this CFI made some small talk before the flight with the captain and somehow got the upgrade. I was just wondering whether this was common practice. Doesn't seem like a big deal as so many passengers get upgrade for all sorts of trivial reasons.

Any stories of disgruntled passengers demanding an upgrade?

Latest resources

Back