AWA App to Interview?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BID

I have an application from AWA. I submitted my resume in October. I am excited to get the application and look forward to the interview.

My question is, for those that submitted your application, how long till you received an interview date?

How long is the ugrade there?

How much hiring this year?

How long do you think on reserve? I have many questions regarding work rules etc., but if I recall there is a website with different contracts on it, anyone know the link.

Many questions, I know. Any insight is much appreciated.
(Sorry if I didn't do a search, I just wanted fresh info.)

Sincerely,
BID

I'm still in training, but i'll take a stab at your questions.

Average would be 2-4 months between app and interview. There is a pilot review board for the apps...i'm not sure how that step works, but get the app in asap and hope for the best. If you can walk it in with your connection that's even better.

Upgrade is 5-8 years depending on a bunch of stuff

A little over 200 newhires this year. There's already been one class on sixteen in '05 and there are classes on Jan 31 and Feb 7...so things have not slowed down.

Reserve depends on A/C type. Airbus is less than a year, 75 and 73 may be a little longer...these are just guesses but probably not too far off.

Work rules are good. 5.25 hr rig, 1 for 2, 2$ per diem, 77hr min gaur, paid training (line average...about 1400 or 1500$ every 2 weeks). 2nd year pay is about 60$.

Everyone has been just great so far! Good luck. You'll like it here. It was 75 degrees today and it might hit 80 tomorrow.

PR

"Average would be 2-4 months between app and interview. "

I sent my app in back in MAY 04 and haven't herd a thing.

I would ask your connection to check on the status of your app either through HR or the CP's office. I've heard that this can make a big difference. I'd also send another resume and cover letter to Tracy or Tiffany with any updates to your times, etc.

PositiveRate said:
I would ask your connection to check on the status of your app either through HR or the CP's office. I've heard that this can make a big difference. I'd also send another resume and cover letter to Tracy or Tiffany with any updates to your times, etc.

I have no connection and am currently getting an "update package" for tracy.

I just had a AWA jumpseater who has been with the company 20 years and he is only getting 13 days off a month. My question is did I misunderstand him or is that what an average line holder can expect?

I have been here 1 1/2 yrs and get lines averaging 15 days off and 80 hrs. credit. You can pick up time or drop down to 40 hrs (staffing permitting). Our productivity is high but not as bad as that jumpseater may lead you to believe. Also, it took me only 6mos. to hold a line, and I don't think that would have changed much recently because we have hired continuously. If you get LAS Bus, you can get a line just as quick, if not quicker.

How many crews are based in LAS? Is it a junior base? Also what is the average times for newhires. Thanks in advance.

LAS is opening in Feb. as only Airbus with 70 F/O's and 70 CA. It is overall junior- some people volunteered but about half were the most junior on the lists. Getting LAS depends on getting the Bus, of course, and just timing- whether or not the company has a vacancy for it. I don't know about average times- haven't seen it published. We do hire close to the min of 2,500TT and have hired a lot of high time expereinced furloughed folks. At least 4,000 would be competittive, I think, and the better your recommendations, the less you may need.

Waylon said:
I just had a AWA jumpseater who has been with the company 20 years and he is only getting 13 days off a month. My question is did I misunderstand him or is that what an average line holder can expect?

Three possibilities:

1. He bids reserve. Reserves get 13 days off a month. A lot of senior guys are starting to do this, especially on the 737 because you only fly around 40 hours per month.

2. He holds a line and picks up time to pay for his three ex-wives, boats, and new cars.

3. His PBS standing bid is causing a high time line with less days off.

As for reserve times, been here over a year on the 737 and still on reserve.
Probably will not hold a line until late spring or summer.

Still a great place to work. People are great!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back