Avro logbook question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

newhire

I'm new to the airline industry and was wondering how everyone logs their flight time in the Avro.

What is the proper way to list the Aircraft make and Model of the Avro?

Does everyone log their time in hours and minutes of by decimal point?

The airworthiness certificate reads something like AVR-146/RJ85A. I think it will all fit in the space provided, however, I think I would practice writing SF-340. After this time next year, those that were hired before 1997 at Mesaba will be filling in their SIC column with BE-99.

Last edited:
KaptainKarl said:
Won't be an issue for long, regardless.

Thanks for the helpful answer.

We all appreciate your firm grasp of the obvious, and I'm sure newhire is smarter for having read your post now.

Newhire - log decimal points as you always have. Easier that way and it keeps your logbooks consistent. If you want to know how to convert minutes to tenths, you can find the conversion on a paysheet form.

For 4 1/2 years I logged mine...

as AVRO-146/RJ-85A in the first entry on a page. Subsequent entries on that page were just RJ-85A.

Does it really matter? Just log "Avro", or "RJ85". Do you really think someone is going to bust your balls because you abbreviated the aircraft type.

As far as flight time, it seems that many Captains I fly with log it in hours/minutes. I convert to decimal for my big logbook, since the previous 4 years were logged that way. But, I still write the OUT/IN times in my little crew logbook, so I have exact times if I need them.

Last edited:
I just go with RJ85. As far as I'm concerned the FAA makes no provisions as to having to denote the exacte type in YOUR logbook. If they really wanted to get antsy you've got the N-number of the aircraft (or ship, after all it's British,) and I put the flight number in the remarks section, just in case I have to go back for some paper work (who knows why just better having it down the wishing it were.)

Latest resources

Back