Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RE WAR

PA,
As to your comment about sightseer's being shot down there are interrogation procedures to be followed (check your NOTAMS), and those procedures were followed when those 2 aircraft were forced down in FL.
Now with Utah being mountainous I'm sure there will airborne RADAR in use, it was here in FL for the launch. Now if you are lost you DON'T deserve to be shot down, but you don't have any business being a pilot. Especially when flying in that sensitive of an area. It's along the same line as taking off when faced with a level 5 or 6 thunderstorm or a pilot without an instrument rating going VMC into IMC. It's fatal almost every time. Pilots, when flying must use good judgment, which is part of the responsibility you take when you are PIC of an aircraft.
Anybody can cause terror. I agree anyone who wants to make a point for their cause can and may try to do so. This can be the young Islamic men who crash airplanes into buildings to a young American war veteran who blows up buildings to an elderly woman who would blow up an abortion clinic (just an example). Where there's a will there's is way.
Finally don't think that all vehicles won?t be subject to search. With emphasis on trucks and vans. I think we will see the tightest security procedures ever seen for the Olympics. I also think the government has done an excellent job thus far.
Oh yeah the above title should read NASA TFR not TRF, and I'm sure you will find other grammar mistakes in this post. If you want to flame me you know where you can shove it! GO USA and Happy Hollidays

Salt Lake proposed TFR

Thanks for all of the followup on the Olympics TFR subject. The comment about Heber receiving screeners baffles me from the aspect that Heber is included. I agree that Heber's proximity to Park City may have something to do with it.

Jay, I like your dog (Avatar). Take her along if you go through a gateway on your way to SLC. Few screeners will mess with that.

Latest resources

Back