• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avjet Burbank

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I worked for Avjet and it was a horrable experience. Mark the President is a sleezeball and refers to pilots as "chimps". The atmosphere in the office is cold and unfriendly. Avjet is the worst of the worst and gives flying 135 a bad name. Although I am at a major now, I left Avjet and worked for both Elite and TWC. Both outstanding companies even though the gig was on-demand charter.

I worked for Avjet and it was a horrable experience. Mark the President is a sleezeball and refers to pilots as "chimps". The atmosphere in the office is cold and unfriendly. Avjet is the worst of the worst and gives flying 135 a bad name. Although I am at a major now, I left Avjet and worked for both Elite and TWC. Both outstanding companies even though the gig was on-demand charter.

At least you are not bitter... These places are all meatgrinders. You probably got your current gig based on the experience gained there...

Looking for info on Avjet out of burbank. I've been offered an interview for CA on the Challenger and wanted info from people who have worked there.

What are the schedules like, what happens if the aircraft if sold, am I still employed? What is the average pay on this type today. Why do people leave and the ones that are leaving whrere are they going? Am I married to a pager with no hard days off. What type of benifits do they offer.

I did a search but the most recent info is 2 yrs old.

Thanks
Email me and I can fill you in on the details on flying for this producer and for AvJet.

[email protected]

I heard good things about them... but "corporate time?"

I would have left my airline to go work for them if I was hired and wouldn't have looked back.

A few airline pilots give the rest of us a bad name in the corporate world. Usually it had been a pilot that had retired due to the age 60 rule and turned out to be a prima donna expecting the FO to throw all the bags and the passengers to fetch his coffe (one cream and two sugars) without even saying please.

I've heard it from owners, brokers, FBO's and operators - airline pilots make terrible corporate pilots. I even had a broker who was trying to sell my department an aircraft carry on and on about it AFTER I told her I had been an airline pilot. It can be difficult to overcome.

Oh and she didn't get the sale...

G200 in STP

Does anyone have info on the G200 position in STP? How firm are the hour requirments? I'm about 500 short of what they are asking in every category.

Re: Stp G200

Does anyone have info on the G200 position in STP? How firm are the hour requirments? I'm about 500 short of what they are asking in every category.

You don't want to even consider it. Everyone is heading for the door. It's not unusual to sit in BUR for 4-8 weeks just waiting for a charter even though the base is STP. And no, you don't get time off. Seems the attitude is " it's just the way it is. Too bad if you don't like it."

A few airline pilots give the rest of us a bad name in the corporate world. Usually it had been a pilot that had retired due to the age 60 rule and turned out to be a prima donna expecting the FO to throw all the bags and the passengers to fetch his coffe (one cream and two sugars) without even saying please.
Oh and she didn't get the sale...

I am an airline pilot now (for the past three years). Prior to joining a major, I was a corporate pilot for fifteen years. I therefore have license to weight in on Avjet since I worked there longer than I worked at the airlines.

Avjet SUCKS and for those of us who come from the on demand charter 135 world, they (Avjet) is the type of operator that makes 135 a crappy job, which again, I did for most of my career.

The President of Avjet has no regard or respect for pilots. He considers us a necessary evil and I have heard him directly call us monkeys.

Latest resources

Back