Avjet Burbank

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Popeye0537

Looking for info on Avjet out of burbank. I've been offered an interview for CA on the Challenger and wanted info from people who have worked there.

What are the schedules like, what happens if the aircraft if sold, am I still employed? What is the average pay on this type today. Why do people leave and the ones that are leaving whrere are they going? Am I married to a pager with no hard days off. What type of benifits do they offer.

I did a search but the most recent info is 2 yrs old.

Thanks

when I was furloughed had a phone interview with avjet... could have since changed but wasn't very impressed with the schedule. actually it may have gotton better. but they have plenty of heavy iron with room for personal advancement. hope it works out for you.

good company, good gig. They've had the customer for a long time and know his type of flying.

Just be prepared for a lot of time overseas.

They spell it out in black and white when you talk with them - and as long as you're realistic and understand how avjet works it'll be a good job.

I'd go back to work for them if my current 91 gig went away. I feel they're one of the better 135 jobs out there. Not easy money, but decent money for the work you do.

I went through 4 interviews for a position there, only to be told that the owners wanted someone with 4000 hours of "corporate time" which effectively disqualified me. This was just before I was supposed to meet the owners.

What a bummer!

I heard good things about them... but "corporate time?"

I would have left my airline to go work for them if I was hired and wouldn't have looked back.

Last edited:
They must be hiring for the "Budapest" Challenger again. From what I hear, those guys never stay too long.

Sure. Disclamer: the info I have comes from a few other people that I consider to be "in the know".

I know a guy who does quite a bit of contract flying for this owner. The airplane is managed by AvJet and they use it for some part 135 stuff when the owner is not using it.

Apparently the owner is a movie producer here in the states who is also Hungarian. He is currently involved in the building of a movie studio in Budapest and he goes there a few times a MONTH. The crew usually does the trip as a 2 pilot part 91 operation (18 hrs or so) and then sit in Budapest for an undisclosed amount of time (8-15 days) They are also required to fly part 135 trips when they are back in the states. Both pilots recently quit, so they are in need of a replacement crew.

Another part of the story is that the owner and his wife/girlfriend smoke constantly in the airplane. He likes his cigars while she smokes cigarettes. Apparently the airplane smells pretty bad and is "hot-boxed" for the entire trip.

socal

most socal opperators are shady. they all want to say that they adhere to part 135 standards but really don't. I would say that avjet is the same as any of them..ie..clay lacy, places like that..all of them are stingy when it comes to pay, per diem, days off, qol. good luck

Latest resources

Back