Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Avionics Magazine Article on Headsets - Interesting!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I find more interesting is the added statement from Bose Corporation itself. Seems they aren't happy with a percieved missuse of their product.

Peace.

Rekks

no wonder the poor controllers have crappy working conditions, the feds spend money fighting this nonsense!

What I find more interesting is the added statement from Bose Corporation itself. Seems they aren't happy with a percieved missuse of their product.

Peace.

Rekks

They (Bose) have been fighting this for years to no avail. Lackey's product is great and works great with the Bose. They want you to spend the money for their own aviation headset.

I don't have one, but when my Senhz die, I will be switching to this after trying them out first hand.

The QC2/UFM combo works great- well engineered, quieter than many lightweight ANRs, light and comfy, and of course it doubles up on the road for entertainment use. But I own both the QC2/UFM and Bose X (I had intended on selling off my X), and the combo comes nowhere near the X in performance (not the 80% or so some people cite, more like 50%). Both the ANR and the passive noise reduction is much, much less. So I stick with the X. However, it depends on the model of aircraft as well as one's tolerance level for air roar esp. during high speed descents below 18,000.

I'm not saying not to buy the UFlyMike, just saying Bose is not happy about being linked to it. And yes, they want to sell their own headset, of course they do. They are probably also concerned about the liability if some event occurs concerning the headset/mike combo. Bose's pockets are quite a bit deeper, in the event of a lawsuit. Plaintiffs will sue whoever has the deepest pockets, we all know that.

Peace.

Rekks

Latest resources

Back