Aviation Job Websites

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

your_dreamguy

This post is for people who have experience using aviation job websites such as: climbto350.com, airapps.com, upas.com, ... etc.

Which one(s) do you recommend and why?
Do they really work?
Have you progressed from posting resumes to actually getting a job?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Much discussion has taken place on this board on this subject. You could run a search if you'd like.

BTW, UPAS is no more.

UPAS

What do you UPAS is no more? I was just on their website and it looked like you could still call them and download their software.

Please expand. Thanks.

It is my understanding that AEPS bought what was remaining of UPAS after 9/11. Perhaps their database is still active, but I don't think so. I know Alaska is no longer using them. I guess if they had downloaded your stuff prior to UPAS' demise, then they may have your stuff on file, otherwise you have to wait until their application is available for download from their website.

Maybe there are others on this board, "publisher" perhaps, that can give you a more accurate and complete account of the status of UPAS. I know of one very close friend who was given an AEPS membership for the remaining time of their UPAS membership, once again indicating that UPAS was not really active.

Job Boards

Actually we have written a number of articles in the print and online AviationCareer.net magazines on all the job boards.

As to UPAS, it is still up and working. It is not very active. While Delta and Alaska may not be using them, they are really not hiring many. Alaska has hired people from the existing pool. There are other companies that use the UPAS information as well as AEPS information. People were offered AEPS membership who were UPAS members. It will be some time before UPAS situation is legally resolved.

Job Boards in General

At AEPS, one of the biggest misconceptions is that companies posting jobs is the most important aspect.... It is searching that has the most value to companies. The reason being is that many companies are not hiring large numbers and they can be quite specific. They do not want tons of resumes which they get when they post.

climbto350 is a board that is mentioned alot. He gets much of his listings just by taking them from other places. His actual members was very small the last time I checked. There are also a large number of foreign listings.

nationsjob.com is ok but more engineer and maintenance oriented.

there are a scattering of other boards but most take listings from wherever they can.

For my money, AEPS, Air Inc., and Flight Crews International newsletter are the only super legitimate places for information.

Furthermore the job fairs and other aspects of what they provide all count as part of the service. People do get hired.

You are such a bull**CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED**ter publisher i worked for a company that exclusively listed on climbto350 last year and you your outfit copied it and put it on your aeps site and sent me bunch of profiles of people that were not qualified. All you did was create a headache for us with all your spam and emails from your members. your nothing but fly by nite operation shame on you

I never got a job off of a web board. The best way to get a job is to go to an airport and talk to the owner/operator. Most people I've talked too when doing this at least thank me for coming by rather than just e-mailing them. I get the feeling they really don't hire from e-mail.

AEPS is nothing more than a "money maker"- sad in these times-
they "steal" job listings as others have said and really do nothing more than take your money-

I wouldn't give em a dime. . . . .

C H E E R S

3 5 0

survey

I will repeat what I said.

We did a survey, I was a member of the 350 board, sent emails to 100 pilots and 50 of the job posters. I stand by what I said. If you have information that you want me to check out, private message me.

They do not even claim that all the stuff is theirs. They admitted that they want there members to be aware of any jobs that they find anywhere. They had an ad on there where Dick Capon was listed as chief pilot a year after he had gone to another airline and was out of that one.

UPS was on there the other day. Give me a break Frank,.

Latest resources

Back